• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 ltx le /mpi 180 500 mile break in

My first experience was good as well with the turbo, very happy with the horsepower I had a chance to race my old Apex and quite frankly I took it easy and beat it pretty pretty good. I saw 102 and backed off. It's brand new so I didn't want to get to crazy. My biggest complaint is the steering, I found it hard to turn. I have 74 pounds in the front shocks. I have not yet had a chance to adjust anything in the suspension yet. I have had people tell me more pounds in front shocks will ease turning and some the opposite. I will have to get out and do some testing. The seat seemed a little hard to me as well and hopefully it will soften some after some break in time. Overall, im happy i made the change. I had a quarter tank of gas after 97mi of riding. I fugure this machine might see 120.

First time out for me this year, 2016 LTX DX. 200 good fun miles. MPI 180 kit, Ulmers clutching with a little problem. My kit came with both red springs and I have a harsh and high engagement, 44 hundred RPM. The top RPM was 8200 which I know will get better. Am wondering if the BOP spring with its low claimed engagement will be strong enough to get me to 87 or 88 hundred when broke in? I definitely need lower engagement. I think the red primary spring has way too high of rating at engagement. Does anyone know of a Yamaha spring that would work or is the BOP spring the hot setup?
That can't be the spring Ulmer sent me. I'm around 3400. Really smooth

My first experience was good as well with the turbo, very happy with the horsepower I had a chance to race my old Apex and quite frankly I took it easy and beat it pretty pretty good. I saw 102 and backed off. It's brand new so I didn't want to get to crazy. My biggest complaint is the steering, I found it hard to turn. I have 74 pounds in the front shocks. I have not yet had a chance to adjust anything in the suspension yet. I have had people tell me more pounds in front shocks will ease turning and some the opposite. I will have to get out and do some testing. The seat seemed a little hard to me as well and hopefully it will soften some after some break in time. Overall, im happy i made the change. I had a quarter tank of gas after 97mi of riding. I fugure this machine might see 120.
I also came from an apex. I am 100 percent happy with the change. I love the fox clickers. The machine steers great.

Ya. But 1500 bucks during the season. Forget about it. Stick with what you got.

I have a new build version with the rods that are supposedly made of butter yet somehow, despite what I have read on the internet my motor has not grenaded Time will tell.

Yikes. Terrible feeling while driving.

Try 65# in the front floats.

I have a new build 2016 ltx LE with MPI turbo kit 600 miles. . Absolutely love it. The thing pulls like a freight train. Dead nuts 8750-9000 rpms depending on conditions and temp. Just put curve xs skis on tonight. Hit 110 in no time. 109 first weekend after only 200 miles. Still climbing. Qs3 shocks are awesome. This thing pulls and pulls. Don't believe what ya read. This mpi kit is perfect. I don't lake race. I trail ride. Can't wait for Sunday ! I'm falling in love every time I ride it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 71

Back