• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Models

snowbike.jpg

I want to do it to my wr250. But a 450 would be awesome.
Subaru2006

After talking with a dealer, sounds like the Apex will still be in the lineup based on dealer orders. Also, the utility line may also stay the same (ie VKPro, Venture lite). So, I won't be holding my breath for anything interesting only to be let down (again).

IMO the Phazer motor is going in the Cat Chassis. It will replace Cats 85HP two stroke 500 mill. Probably called the Phazer II for Yamaha.

I am not so sure that the Cat chassis is an upgrade from the Phazer chassis. It is quite light and nimble. Apex motor in the RS Viking chassis is my bet :p As an answer to the Ski-Doo Expedition Extreme....

I am not so sure that the Cat chassis is an upgrade from the Phazer chassis. It is quite light and nimble.

You are probably right, however, to some the Phazer is unconventional and ugly. With the Viper chassis, at least it looks like a real sled...10-1 says it will outsell the Phazers.

Ski-doo 2016 line up is out. I see a couple of new sleds. The Renegade Enduro Crossover looks interesting ... though not tickled about the color scheme, there are some nice features (new tunable/adjustable skis and air suspension, ice ripper track) and engine packages including ACE 900 and 1200 4T motors with drive-by-wire throttle.

The Renegade Adrenaline is also available with the 1200 motor this year. I do like that one in black/red color scheme ...orange/black is nice looking too.

Last edited:
I am hearing that the dealerships have been asking for improvements to the utility lineup for quite some time and some of them have been given the impression that is going to be a bit more of the concentration this year. We'll see...

That looks to be true for Doo, as they have new offerings in the Expedition line.

Smart going with an ice ripper track...had one on my apex gt for last 2 years..lil tire studs are sharper now than when installed..lugs look new still..love this track and will never go to traditional studs again..plus it's made my sled faster..:)

IMO coming out with one new model a year is unacceptable when you are last place in sales. The Apex, vector, and Phazer sleds are all running on old chassis. Skidoo is first in sales and the benchmark right now. Yamaha needs the 80 HP motor, a 100HP entry, the 130HP motor, and the Apex motor in a new chassis. The Viper Chassis is not the answer unless Yamaha decides to build it themselves.

Make a chassis that all these motors can fit in to cut down on production costs. That is what I would love to see myself.

Unfortunately, I think we will be seeing more Cat sleds with Yamaha motors. I think the Apex motor will be leaving in favor of the Turbo 1050. I believe the spring order MPI turbo program last year was a feeler for how these would sell.

Ski-doo 2016 line up is out. I see a couple of new sleds. The Renegade Enduro Crossover looks interesting ... though not tickled about the color scheme, there are some nice features (new tunable/adjustable skis and air suspension, ice ripper track) and engine packages including ACE 900 and 1200 4T motors with drive-by-wire throttle.

The Renegade Adrenaline is also available with the 1200 motor this year. I do like that one in black/red color scheme ...orange/black is nice looking too.

I think I might go with the MXZ X 1200, without the remote adjusters and TS skis...too much unecessary tech and extra $$$. I'll be looking at some reviews from the magazines to hear what they say about them.

Enduro is the GSX replacement. And if that is the case, they May get enough complaints during spring order to offer it in another color. It happened last year with that hideous XRS color and BRP came back with a black option. They listen and react quickly to customer demand.

I would consider the Enduro in black/red. It's a great package!

Back