• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 winder cutting out for no reason

kimcoop1324

Extreme
Country
USA
I was wondering if anyone experienced their engine cutting out under throttle. I was cruising at 40 mph and it felt like I ran out of gas. I pulled over and as soon as engine was at idle it was like nothing was wrong. This happened several times throughout the 120 mile trip. The engine runs strong until it cuts out. I'm thinking bad gas but curious if the fuel pump has an issue losing pressure. Any help would be helpful.

I just got back from a 150 mile ride and it is still doing it from time to time. Today I noticed code 84 alarm flash when it cut out. Is this the Tors causing this

I have looked over the throttle cable and end play and nothing looks out of place. I did notice at the thumb throttle there is no end play. I believe there should be at least 1/8 " gap or play. I remember setting my old yamaha throttle so it would move roughly 1/8" or so before the cable became snug. I am stumped as to how this only now starting to give a code. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adjust throttle cable so there is 1/16"-1/8" play. If there is even a tiny bit of "pull" on cable at closed throttle position, it will set code.

I accidentally caught my hand on my cable up by the throttle housing. After that I started having codes and cutting out. Lucky I was near a dealer that was nice enough to walk out and take a look. He applied some pressure to the cable that enters the housing. There was a click and it snap in place allowing free play. Fixed!

Back