• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 release

I don't get it
Is there a perfect sled?......NO
At least with our Yamahacats or whatever everyone is calling them, you don't have to worry about the motors!!
Can you say that about any other manufacturer?
Once again NO!
I will drive my winder for at least another year and then maybe trade it in.
If I have to trade it in on a thundercat, they make wraps to fix that too

I'm glad all these guys are leaving... more Yamaha for me... Think about it? SkiDoo will take them for a $$$$$ ride fast.. ha.. wait until they go to the local Doo dealer.. you don't think they'll be waiting for these Yami guys ? ha.. $$$$$$$$$$ have fun X Yami guys..
Yup, they’ll be back once they realize their engines aren’t reliable...

:(:(:(:(
Yup, they’ll be back once they realize their engines aren’t reliable...
Maybe for the guys jumping to 2 strokes.

But I have not heard of many 'doo 4 strokes having issues. I don't really know if I can ride a 'doo 4 stroke for an average of over 20000 Km, but I don't have that confidence in a Cat either, possibly other than the engine now that the cat ECM has been replaced by a Yamaha one. There have been many examples of Vipers not starting in cold temps.

I guess I'll see :( :(

:(:(:(:(
Maybe for the guys jumping to 2 strokes.

But I have not heard of many 'doo 4 strokes having issues. I don't really know if I can ride a 'doo 4 stroke for an average of over 20000 Km, but I don't have that confidence in a Cat either, possibly other than the engine now that the cat ECM has been replaced by a Yamaha one. There have been many examples of Vipers not starting in cold temps.

I guess I'll see :( :(

You buying a viper sledjunk? Did the vipers get the ecm update?

You buying a viper sledjunk? Did the vipers get the ecm update?
I 'thought' I had heard that the Vipers had a Yamaha ECU for 16 and on, but could be mistaken.

No, I will not get a Cat, no matter what colour it is painted. Next sled will likely be a 'doo in 2020 once they get the kinks out of the G4 Cassis and the 900 Turbo. Would have preferred the 1200 NA, but I can't see myself being happy with the 900 NA. Unless Yamaha totally shocks me with a real Yamaha next year. Then I 'might' hold on for another year. Should have over 35000 KM on my Vector by then.

Attachments

• 28783416_2001831626746987_5667829726732007918_n.jpg
    28783416_2001831626746987_5667829726732007918_n.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 144
The two stroke sled manufacturers have to bring a new sled to market every three years.

Do you know why?

Well the last model was a piece of crap after two years and I don't want to buy the same one again so I hope the new model is better and buys another one!

This is not said about a Yamaha sled.
They are reliable and last longer!

I see a lot of Yamaha sleds on the trails here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

My dealer told me (sells both Doo and Yami) said Doo is cheaper.. now we know why.

The two stroke sled manufacturers have to bring a new sled to market every three years.

Do you know why?

Well the last model was a piece of crap after two years and I don't want to buy the same one again so I hope the new model is better and buys another one!

I see a lot of Yamaha sleds on the trails here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
I normally ride in NE lower Michigan however, the last two seasons no snow and have to be riding in the UP. I have seen lots of Yamahas and 4 stroke cats, so the people who keep saying nobody wants 4 stroke I call :crap:And lets face it, why buy new when your 4s is going to last for years...

Do you know why?

Ski-Doo, and Polaris carry about 70% of all new sled sales...why??...They offer something new every few years not new shock packages on 10 year old equipment...and they fit a wider array of rides...we all know that Yamaha built...key word BUILT quality...now they build engines for Arctic cat...yes a better riding position handling and suspension then Yamaha has EVER produced but no where near the overall long lasting dependability and quality of anything ever produced in japan... Now some of you are going to say Your apex rides better than the pro-Cross...tru but that is sheer weight...why do you think a Caddy rides better then a Porsche, same reason magazines say a Polaris Sportsman ride better then a Yamaha grizzly, sheer mass...smoth and comfortable. I think if Yamaha would have cranked up the Viper to 150-155hp without the added weight of the turbo or an all new(lighter 2cylinder 4-stroke ) in that HP range without a turbo...I myself would be seriously considering it,but rehashed stuff with mild improvements each year won't get a person to trade last years machine for that kind of stuff. If it isn't a big improvement why spend the $$...If I had a 15 viper why would I spend the money to spring order the 19 model...hopefully they have a late release 19 model early 20 model later this year and sways me back to what was without a doubt the best machines made!!...just my 2 cents..

Ski-Doo, and Polaris carry about 70% of all new sled sales...why??...They offer something new every few years not new shock packages on 10 year old equipment...and they fit a wider array of rides...we all know that Yamaha built...key word BUILT quality...now they build engines for Arctic cat...yes a better riding position handling and suspension then Yamaha has EVER produced but no where near the overall long lasting dependability and quality of anything ever produced in japan... Now some of you are going to say Your apex rides better than the pro-Cross...tru but that is sheer weight...why do you think a Caddy rides better then a Porsche, same reason magazines say a Polaris Sportsman ride better then a Yamaha grizzly, sheer mass...smoth and comfortable. I think if Yamaha would have cranked up the Viper to 150-155hp without the added weight of the turbo or an all new(lighter 2cylinder 4-stroke ) in that HP range without a turbo...I myself would be seriously considering it,but rehashed stuff with mild improvements each year won't get a person to trade last years machine for that kind of stuff. If it isn't a big improvement why spend the $$...If I had a 15 viper why would I spend the money to spring order the 19 model...hopefully they have a late release 19 model early 20 model later this year and sways me back to what was without a doubt the best machines made!!...just my 2 cents..

Why are you focused on added weight of a turbo? You actually think there’s a noticeable difference in weight when jumping from a Viper to a SW? I can tell you there isn’t, all you will notice is the superior motor package.

Every new chassis and motor is better. What suckers we can be. Polaris is going to have a remote shock actuated by satellite GPS and cameras on the hood when moguls are detected, and they will be the best ever. Til next year, when that will be the best ever. Next year's 850 will have reinforced triangulated pistons for added reliability, Doo will make an 860 with counterbalanced perpendicular firing sparkless spark plugs increasing mileage and reliability to near chainsaw levels. And on and on. The only new thing out there is really that alpha single rail suspension but single center drive sprocket is from ancient yamahas....lol!

This makes great pillow talk. If you switch brands, it's all good. Yamaha folds, you did the right thing for you. Yamaha stays, jmho....you'll be back.

Skidoo blew a big fart with the 850. Im getting the squirts even thinking about it. 900t...well take your chances. Not to mention, out of my price range for 150h/p sled. $16k......pass.
Polaris 800 was down on power 140+/-. So they build an 850 at a power output increase of 9%. Of which 8% could have been gotten from 800.....lol. what a joke. Lol....

It's really simple. Now what?

Last edited:
Why are you focused on added weight of a turbo? You actually think there’s a noticeable difference in weight when jumping from a Viper to a SW? I can tell you there isn’t, all you will notice is the superior motor package.
I am sure just ripping down a trail or lake the more power makes it feel lighter and in real terms lbs/hp it is...hence the reason I would love a 150hp in NA Viper, it would make the Viper feel 50 lbs lighter even though it wouldn't actually be lighter and that's what I am saying....but I being a ditch banger/cross over guy would love the 150 hp and lighter(especially in a cat quality chassis )....trail riding only I would love an 06 attack GT...I am in no way arguing just saying my riding style with the cat chassis and the 600+ pounds just dosn't work but that's just for my style...still may look for a good attack gt to use for trails..

Have you been on a 2016 or newer Yamaha Vector XTX yet.
The Vector was updated with new engine, different driving modes in computer, and new rear suspension. With the updated rear shock it rides very very good!

I will take this sled any day over a Viper for trail riding!

Back