• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 release

Some of you Apex guys are nuts...lol

I don’t know what comes next year or what happens to the Yamacats after this year, but one thing I do know is Deltabox II is done forever. Yamaha Japan is done building sleds for now (except the VK) and considering the entire snowmobile division was moved to North America I’d say they are most likely done forever. I wouldn’t say the Cat partnership is over, but it looks like it’s winding (no pun intended) down. I honestly think the Textron purchase busted their long term joint venture. Right now there is probably nothing more then a handshake agreement in place to get them through another year or two.

So unless Yamaha has a plan to start building sleds in one of their own North American factories... I’d say it’s game over. If anyone at Yamaha is reading this (doubtful) it’s time for them to lay out a future with snowmobiles if they have one. I understand that they might want to wait until closer to the 2020 release to clear out old inventory, but at some point they owe it to loyal snow belt dealers and customers.

Sad day for the Yamaha community and TY.
Yamaha is now Arctic Cat for all intent and purpose.

Yamaha Motor is all that’s really left.

Global Warming didn’t help matters.

I don’t know what comes next year or what happens to the Yamacats after this year, but one thing I do know is Deltabox II is done forever. Yamaha Japan is done building sleds for now (except the VK) and considering the entire snowmobile division was moved to North America I’d say they are most likely done forever. I wouldn’t say the Cat partnership is over, but it looks like it’s winding (no pun intended) down. I honestly think the Textron purchase busted their long term joint venture. Right now there is probably nothing more then a handshake agreement in place to get them through another year or two.

So unless Yamaha has a plan to start building sleds in one of their own North American factories... I’d say it’s game over. If anyone at Yamaha is reading this (doubtful) it’s time for them to lay out a future with snowmobiles if they have one. I understand that they might want to wait until closer to the 2020 release to clear out old inventory, but at some point they owe it to loyal snow belt dealers and customers.
I agree,it's been a disappointing day.I hate to say it but I think Yamaha is done.I was planning on and looking forward to upgrading next season and my only option right now is to move away from Yamaha.Ive been on the others sites this evening shopping.Never thought I'd be doing that but things aren't getting better and I'm not waiting on Yamaha anymore,I think that would be a mistake.I hope the future is brighter than it looks for Yamaha sleds.

Sad day for the Yamaha community and TY.
Yamaha is now Arctic Cat for all intent and purpose.

Yamaha Motor is all that’s really left.

Global Warming didn’t help matters.

You have a point. Arctic Cat offers a better selection of Yamaha powered models then Yamaha does now. Want a “600 class” 4 Stroke for ‘19? Cats your best option with the 7000 series getting new plastic and many updates. One un-updated Viper remains. How about a 7000 touring or work sled? Only Cat has it. It’s not quite as bad with the Sidewinder/9000, but I believe Cat still has a better selection of sleds with the turbo.

Just think about that for a minute...

I’m trying to stay positive and believe that Yamaha is doing this to re-group and start fresh with something new in 2020, but it’s hard to stay positive. They still claim they are committed to snowmobile manufacturing long term, but what’s the plan? Nobody knows. I’m not even sure if they know.

You have a point. Arctic Cat offers a better selection of Yamaha powered models then Yamaha does now. Want a “600 class” 4 Stroke for ‘19? Cats your best option with the 7000 series getting new plastic and many updates. One un-updated Viper remains. How about a 7000 touring or work sled? Only Cat has it. It’s not quite as bad with the Sidewinder/9000, but I believe Cat still has a better selection of sleds with the turbo.

Just think about that for a minute...

I’m trying to stay positive and believe that Yamaha is doing this to re-group and start fresh with something new in 2020, but it’s hard to stay positive. They still claim they are committed to snowmobile manufacturing long term, but what’s the plan? Nobody knows. I’m not even sure if they know.

Yamaha is creating a shortage of sleds so they can make more money. They will put bling bling features on an Arctic Cat then put their brand name on it, cranking up the price. Pure greed, plain and simple. They need next to no development staff anymore so profit will Benifit several ways. They have effectively just run their name into the ground as far as I’m concerned.

Yep exactly how I see it too.....a sad day in Yamaha history it’s over and disappointing that the OEM Agreement never really blossomed like it could have and developed a superior new product line. The agreement only threw AC a lifeline until Textron came along and Textron could care less about Yamaha money or the AC snowmobile division. Unfortunately both Yamaha and AC snowmobile divisions are dead they just haven’t fallen down yet. I’m done wondering what is next for Yamaha it’s obvious it’s over ...AC will be around a bit longer than Yamaha but Textron has them on a short leash for sure. Very sad day! TAPS.....

Yep exactly how I see it too.....a sad day in Yamaha history it’s over and disappointing that the OEM Agreement never really blossomed like it could have and developed a superior new product line. The agreement only threw AC a lifeline until Textron came along and Textron could care less about Yamaha money or the AC snowmobile division. Unfortunately both Yamaha and AC snowmobile divisions are dead they just haven’t fallen down yet. I’m done wondering what is next for Yamaha it’s obvious it’s over ...AC will be around a bit longer than Yamaha but Textron has them on a short leash for sure. Very sad day! TAPS.....

So after this where do we all go... Ski-doo or Polaris?

Hmm! What line up? One Yamaha sled and its 20 plus years old! As I've said before Yamaha let Cat steal their thunder. Sad day indeed! Up side is my Yamaha runs like a dream!

My buddies Polaris Pro S is a super easy riding machine, handles very well. It needs a turbo tho

For me I’ll stay with my 2012 Apex xtx in great condition but 12500 miles so will need a track soon and all bearings. My shocks were rebuilt at 10k miles so if nothing serious goes wrong like my buds SE blown stator and pipes at 13k miles and was parted out by Pat’s for me short term is xtx. I have no interest in Polaris 2s or really any 2s so for me it’s the Doo 900t by default at 150 ponies. BUT I have to ride get the 900t feel from the seat of my pants. I’m lucky I have a really good doo dealer close to home so I know who just don’t know when.

For me, my 2006 Attak with the WRP seat, shock rebuild by Bruce and the various updates I’ve done to increase the wear parts longevity suit me just fine. Is it an ideal sled for me? Absolutely not. But it’s paid for and does not owe me a dime.

We all know Yamaha’s are heavy and do not offer the best riding position but until we start getting winters where snow comes and STAYS, I will not be buying another sled. 3 horrible winters in a row have been very discouraging emotionally for a recreational sport I really enjoy.

B9BA9DA4-0274-4AA8-A753-BCD809DE2C0A.jpeg

I’ll stick with the legend, can’t be beat in the tight corners!

Back