• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 SRX Drivers and track issue.

Re: track tension
Here is TD's recommendation regarding track tension for high performance:

- Make sure you have a tight track (must not hang at all when lifted off ground, must be hard to push off the front bogey wheel). It is highly preferable to have a 4 wheel kit upgrade to maintain reliable track tension especially when running high power and or fast speed. Running a loose track will rob lots of top speed (as track baloons from centrifugal forces). Also loose track can cause ratchening of track drivers which will damage them and or the track. Radar running require a VERY tight track as high speed cause expansion.
That's DAMN tight and I get it, for straight up top end speed running. Trail riding and longevity on a track IMO that's to tight.. Not saying if your going to the lake for a radar run or some friendly "racing" Crank it up !! FO sure.

Yea ran into this today. Tons of slipping of the track in hard acceleration. Now I'm worried driver is ruined

Do not continue to run a track that is rateching! Tighten the track, even if you think it's tight, tighten it more. The more studs (slinging weight) you have the tighter it has to be!

I run mine tighter than most would ever imagine. I haven't hung a 20 lb weight on it lately, but I bet if I did It's be at like an inch to and inch and a quarter.

I run it tighter than the video that PEFI shows. I think they say 1/2" sag, mine is 3/8" sag measured. Any looser and it will ratchet on me over 100-105 MPH. You need the good billet adjusters as the factory cast ones are junk and will crack. The more power you are putting down and higher speed you run the tighter you will need it to be.

Do not continue to run a track that is rateching! Tighten the track, even if you think it's tight, tighten it more. The more studs (slinging weight) you have the tighter it has to be!

I run mine tighter than most would ever imagine. I haven't hung a 20 lb weight on it lately, but I bet if I did It's be at like an inch to and inch and a quarter.

I run it tighter than the video that PEFI shows. I think they say 1/2" sag, mine is 3/8" sag measured. Any looser and it will ratchet on me over 100-105 MPH. You need the good billet adjusters as the factory cast ones are junk and will crack. The more power you are putting down and higher speed you run the tighter you will need it to be.

100% agree. In my opinion a must upgrade is the billet adjusters.

I run tighter this year then years past. 1/4 sag. And when you pull on it it’s like a Bandjo string. I find it’s hard on slides though. It’s interesting as you crank it up and run it 1000 miles it’s back to 1/2- 1” sag again and the slides are worn down. But yea they need to be tight.

Yea they will stretch but I think now that it's tight and I here a slipping sound it leads me to the drive shift or chaincase. Not an expert but will start there. Wont be up till next weekend to ride so may just ride it till end of season and fix then

Back