• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 LTX Center spring swap

My center shock is the standard hpg shock.
I have run stock 110 lb spring.
Stingray 160 lb spring .
Cat 160/260 lb spring.
So far liking the Cat 160/260 spring the best.
Would like to try the hy gear dual rate center spring with the adjustable crossover. Hygear says their set up is simular in rates to the cat spring I listed.
Some others have reported the Raptor spring they like.
220 lb rider

My center shock is the standard hpg shock.
I have run stock 110 lb spring.
Stingray 160 lb spring .
Cat 160/260 lb spring.
So far liking the Cat 160/260 spring the best.
Would like to try the hy gear dual rate center spring with the adjustable crossover. Hygear says their set up is simular in rates to the cat spring I listed.
Some others have reported the Raptor spring they like.
220 lb rider
I have heard of that Raptor triple-rate spring and tried to get them to tell me the spring rates, but they wouldn't give up that information. Because of that, I have not ordered one yet. I need to know spring rates to determine if it will be better or worse than what I have.

I have heard of that Raptor triple-rate spring and tried to get them to tell me the spring rates, but they wouldn't give up that information. Because of that, I have not ordered one yet. I need to know spring rates to determine if it will be better or worse than what I ha

This is the spring I ran for 10k miles. I had a link in post above?

Myself and a couple guys have tried the Bill Mohr spring and prefer the Cat progressive spring hands down.

From what I have read on this site with the help of the search tool, the Stingray spring will work on my 17 LE Center shock with reservoir. Some state that this spring works without wearing the shock body, or hitting the reservoir. But the Cat dual rate spring will wear the shock body! Once my shock is back from it’s refresh, I shall certainly compare it against the stock dual springs and try a bit of R&D before using it!

Thanks for all the info!

Myself and a couple guys have tried the Bill Mohr spring and prefer the Cat progressive spring hands down.
What are the specific differences that cause you to prefer the Cat spring?

I tried the Raptor straight rate spring on my 2017 RTX, I too thought it ruined the ride and went back to the factory spring. That said I don't hammer the rough stuff like I used to.
Sold the Raptor spring to a fellow with a 2020 ZR800, he weighs @350 lbs, and is short,. and found that spring really helped his handling/ride issues .

What are stock spring rates compared to the 160/260 rates? On a 17 LTX LE.

Back