• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

You just said nice and Ovation all in the same sentence.:whine:

You just said nice and Ovation all in the same sentence.:whine:

The Ovation is way less gross than the Inviter. Like, orders of magnitude. They're actually solid sleds, it's just that carb that is annoying. And the irreplaceable track.

Yamaha is done making snowmobeiles,dont you get it?! And the once good engine builders is letting china make some of them for them.
And just becouse of this and their partnership with Cat i will not buy any thing from Yamaha. No Motorsycle,no boat engine,no sno-blower and no 4-whheling.
I would be the first in line to buy a new snowmobile buildt by Yamaha with a performance engine build by Yamaha,
BUT that is to belive in Santaclouse , They are done making Snowmobiles!

Are parents really going to spend thousands of dollars on a new sled for their kids? I’m sure some do, and that’s fine. I’m not broke by any means, but there’s no way I’m spending thousands on a new sled for my kids. I paid $550 for an 83’ bravo and they love it! It will last them a while. When the time comes, I’ll try to find another 340 enticer for them. Once they outgrow that and want to continue with sledding, they can go get a job and buy a bigger sled if they want to.

I get my son wrenching on my vipers from time to time and he likes it. And if the son or daughter crash the bravo, it’s not a huge deal.

Yes, those that don't wrench and don't care to buy used as they don't like non-knowing what they are getting into. Thus the whole reason SkiDoo announce their 85hp sled with 600 EFI engine with no frills for $8499 MSRP. You know they will sell the crap out of those. They are Evo killers and will compete with the entry level Indys. Sure they are down on HP, but people will buy those as "kids sleds, Wife sleds" whatever you want to call it. Many will buy one as a second sled for their buddies to ride. Knowing they will not have to deal with messed up carbs or buying someone elses issues.

I won't, but that doesnt mean the market doesnt exist. As we have all been asking for something like that. "Phazer in a more traditional chassis" There ya go.

Wonder if Yamaha will put out a teaser vid, its getting around that timeline before the launch, Hmm.. maybe they have nothing to offer this year AGAIN! come on Jaret shows us a peak!!

I will have to say it is time to upgrade the gage cluster on the sleds to accompany gps...this is OUT DATED!!!!HINT HINT

Yes, those that don't wrench and don't care to buy used as they don't like non-knowing what they are getting into. Thus the whole reason SkiDoo announce their 85hp sled with 600 EFI engine with no frills for $8499 MSRP. You know they will sell the crap out of those. They are Evo killers and will compete with the entry level Indys. Sure they are down on HP, but people will buy those as "kids sleds, Wife sleds" whatever you want to call it. Many will buy one as a second sled for their buddies to ride. Knowing they will not have to deal with messed up carbs or buying someone elses issues.

I won't, but that doesnt mean the market doesnt exist. As we have all been asking for something like that. "Phazer in a more traditional chassis" There ya go.
I agree, and I like Ski Doo direction, not everyone wants or can afford a higher HP sled, the 600 EFI Doo is offering will make a good cruiser for a lot of people or second sled for the ones that can afford doing that, so there is a lot that like the big power and a lot that don't need big power and bragging rights, well Doo... they are listening and answering the call for their customers and NEW customers, I hope Yamaha is listening.

I get my son wrenching on my vipers from time to time and he likes it. And if the son or daughter crash the bravo, it’s not a huge deal.

That's what it's all about ^^^. Get them a way from the tablets and computers and phones. Get them used to fixing what their riding. Gives them an appreciation of what they've got and an understanding of how things work. My first sled as a kid was a POS that I bought myself because I got tired of looking outside on Christmas morning to an empty front yard. Lol. I learned how to keep it going though or else I wasn't riding.

Passed my old Doo onto my son. Now I get to teach him how to fix that sh%tty recoil that fails once a year.!

20200209_164909_resized.jpg

How can Ski-doo build a "full size" sled with a 600 for an engine and sell it at $8500? What is cat doing wrong? Thats what their 400 "mid size" sled goes for. This new ski-doo would be absolutely prefect for my wife especially now that they have a backcountry version with a 1.6" lug. We ride ride off trail and this sled would work prefect for her for following me around but still able to ride on the trail nice. I think Ski-doo is going to sell a crap load of these sleds.

How can Ski-doo build a "full size" sled with a 600 for an engine and sell it at $8500? What is cat doing wrong? Thats what their 400 "mid size" sled goes for. This new ski-doo would be absolutely prefect for my wife especially now that they have a backcountry version with a 1.6" lug. We ride ride off trail and this sled would work prefect for her for following me around but still able to ride on the trail nice. I think Ski-doo is going to sell a crap load of these sleds.
And i bet Skidoo have parts on store,not like Yamaha that most is backordered a year

I will have to say it is time to upgrade the gage cluster on the sleds to accompany gps...this is OUT DATED!!!!HINT HINT

The gauge cluster on the Viper was outdated the year it was introduced. The magazines all raves over the new Yamaha gauge. It was a step backwards if you ask me. All these years later and no update. A new gushed that’s different than ACs would be something else Yamaha could do if they were interested in separating themselves from AC. That would take Yamaha development resources away from what, the Yamaha graphics department??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back