• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Polaris

20/80

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 APEX LE XTX
Well I will throw some irons in the fire, no 4 stroke in their line up but the mountain segment gets a turbo, nice line up I think.

I watched the video. Some nice sleds in the line up. Just curious how much hp the 850 turbo makes. I have never rode any of them but after switching off on a few 800 doos I really enjoy how smooth and no vibration the Yamaha 4 strokes are ever since 2014.

Thought for sure we would see a 4 stroke this year from Polaris, 10% more power at sea level so that would put it around 180hp, 50% more at higher altitude not sure what that would be or means.

I watched the video. Some nice sleds in the line up. Just curious how much hp the 850 turbo makes. I have never rode any of them but after switching off on a few 800 doos I really enjoy how smooth and no vibration the Yamaha 4 strokes are ever since 2014.
It makes the same as an 850 na at low elevation.

They should have turboed a flat lander or crossover and I think they would have increased sales.

All OEMs suffer from that, back ordered parts is a major problem with such a short season, all depends on your dealer network support, all sleds have problems but now it seems is how quick you can get the parts to fix the machine is a selling point also, you may have the biggest and fastest with bragging rights but if something breaks and your waiting 6-7 weeks for a back ordered part where your dealer network is slow to deliver leaving your high premium sled in your shed half the winter, where as your competitor network has a strong network and have your parts it in a couple of days can influence where your buying your next sled.

4 stroke or not, I don’t like the chassis.

Haven't rode the new Matrix some love it, some not so much, not sure why, I like the look of it, did have a chance to try a 18 Assault 800, I thought it rode really nice, it was hard to resist not popping the wheelie where it was so easy.

I really wish someone would have come out with a turbo flat lander sled. I really do think a turbo 2-stroke would make the ultimate backup sled for me. It would be something I wouldn't put many miles on, can de-tune when I have a buddy come up who needs a sled but when the sidewinder is down would be a blast to ride.

I'm thinking next year for the flatlander 2s turbo from Polaris. The mountain sled makes 10% more horsepower than NA at sea level so 180-185. They mentioned the Patriot was built with boost in mind so the internals should be tough enough. If it survives in the mountains this year it should be strong enough for the trails. 2 year warranty so I guess they believe it will hold together. We'll see.

All OEMs suffer from that, back ordered parts is a major problem with such a short season, all depends on your dealer network support, all sleds have problems but now it seems is how quick you can get the parts to fix the machine is a selling point also, you may have the biggest and fastest with bragging rights but if something breaks and your waiting 6-7 weeks for a back ordered part where your dealer network is slow to deliver leaving your high premium sled in your shed half the winter, where as your competitor network has a strong network and have your parts it in a couple of days can influence where your buying your next sled.
True...which is why guys like Travis and Jim Henzel are GOLD!!
A friend's apex has been in the shop for a month with a spun bearing, and parts aren't due until the 16th of march. Snow is all but gone here.

We are so lucky to have BOP, also I think Polaris's next move will be a 4 stroke, now what they put it in is the question? will it slowly be introduced in the utility segment or full blown turbo lake racer to compete for the title, they maybe watching to see how the Mach z performs, interested in seeing what Cat comes out with for 2022.

Back