• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Sidewinder primary

Ramaha

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2023 Sidewinder LTX-LE EPS
2017 Sr Viper RTX-SE
2014 Sr Viper RTX-SE
1998 Venture 700
The clutch on my 2023 Ltx-Le has gotten louder over the first 230km I've put on it. The primary can be moved slightly back and forth when not running. Is this normal?

By back and forth do you mean clockwise-counterclockwise slack? If so then yes that is normal. The clutch is mounted on a shaft that is splined so you are feeling the slack in the splines. Do not ever rotate the clutch clockwise as it can cause the timing of the engine to get out of whack. (more details on this if you search the forum) The clutch rattle noise is normal on these machines and while may be a bit annoying at first it is nothing to worry about. (tons of posts about this on the forum as well)

Yes it is that slack I'm feeling. I didn't rotate the shaft only moved the clutch enough to notice the slack.

The rattling drove me crazy. I added the hurricane noise reduction ring and swapped the stock clutch for a cc tech pb80. I know it's going to be a bit slower now with this clutch, but I only trail ride and never approach top end speeds anyways :).

I've only got a couple of hundred kms on this setup, but so far it's super quiet and engages at a lower rpm.

I was looking at the noise reduction ring but they ate pricey

Agree it's not cheap, and I did both at the same time, so I can't say how much each contributes to newly found blissful quietness :)

For me it was totally worth it, as it's great to just hear the purr of the 998T, and no rattling bucket of bolts!

Agree it's not cheap, and I did both at the same time, so I can't say how much each contributes to newly found blissful quietness :)

For me it was totally worth it, as it's great to just hear the purr of the 998T, and no rattling bucket of bolts!
your engine purrs? i think you arent riding hard enough, mine sounds like a bag of hungry tigers beaten with a bamboo stick :die

your engine purrs? i think you arent riding hard enough, mine sounds like a bag of hungry tigers beaten with a bamboo stick :die
Hahahaha :)

Back