• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Yamaha Snowmobile line up

I would love to see the Viper 1049 pumping out some more horsepower. I personally like 4 strokes. 140-150hp would be awesome in that sled. The Viper is a heavy sled. It needs more ponies under the hood.

I liked the Japanese Yamaha sleds. The RS machines were great. I would buy an Apex if a 2023 model showed up. I like the looks of the Vector better than the Viper.

I would love to see the Viper 1049 pumping out some more horsepower. I personally like 4 strokes. 140-150hp would be awesome in that sled. The Viper is a heavy sled. It needs more ponies under the hood.

I liked the Japanese Yamaha sleds. The RS machines were great. I would buy an Apex if a 2023 model showed up. I like the looks of the Vector better than the Viper.
With the drop of the 1049 from the Cat line up, that is highly unlikely. There is a much greater chance of Yamaha offering up an NA 998 to help standardize the engine line up for parts/service. Both would accomplish the same end result.

Yamaha will stick to their plan of only delivering engines that can be used in multiple platforms. And they have already delivered the NA 998 to Arctic Cat for their Wildcat XX. So that is much more likely to be an engine option in the sled lineup.

Yeah, they need to honor all the 2022s before even breathing a word about 2023. Would be a major insult to loyal buyers of 2022s who haven't received them yet.
good point, however wouldn't it be fair to give the people who ordered a 2022 and not had the delivery yet the opportunity to see what Yamaha 2023 offers and at what price, and then give the late delivery or no delivery people their choice...sounds fair to me. Let's see the 2023 models!!! Joe

I've been a Yamaha snowmobile owner since 1971 when I bought my first sled (1972 SL338C) while still in High School. The last new sled I purchased was a 2021 SideWinder SRX. That's 50 years of Yamaha snowmobile ownership.

I've had a pretty good run with their sleds over the years but IMHO the handwriting is on the wall regarding their snowmobile division. A lot has changed in the world over those years, and in the snowmobile industry. The pioneers of the sport are gone and it seems the passionate engineers and designers of sleds have either retired or been fired by the powers that be.

With the Yamaha Snowmobile division a mere skeleton crew along with their supply agreement with Textron/Arctic Cat and their decision last year to close down there R&D facility in Minocqua, WI that pretty much tells me everything I need to know about their future plans in the industry.

Here's the last sentence from their announcement last year regarding shutting down the Minocqua, WI R&D facility:

"The Yamaha North American Snowmobile Division will continue working with OEM suppliers to invest in the snowmobile industry and explore opportunities to expand its presence in the supply of durable and reliable Yamaha power plants".

Totally agree you with VX1R but for me it was when I saw Yamaha was willing to slap on their precious three tuning forks onto an all Artic Cat 2-stroke snowmobile, that I saw the writing on the wall.

Totally agree you with VX1R but for me it was when I saw Yamaha was willing to slap on their precious three tuning forks onto an all Artic Cat 2-stroke snowmobile, that I saw the writing on the wall.
1642735631225.png

Well you guys yamaha is still making sleds in Japan, nothing but utility sleds but there still pumping them out!!I can't see yamaha throwing in the towel on anything they make!!they still brag they are the only mfg of sleds that are all Japan built,no mutts!!!

Not sure if Yamaha/Cat will reveal a new Chassis or a updated Chassis for 23 or not, they would piss off alot of buyers still waiting for their 22's to be delivered if a totally new looking Chassis for 23 hit the showrooms, not sure if the Viper will get PS or a power upgrade chances are they will drop it following Cats lead getting rid of the 7000, Yamaha just wants to sell the Winder engine and wants nothing to do with the Chassis it sits in, so Cat will decide if they will continue to use blue paint, if anything Jaret is cutting out new shiny looking stickers and graphics for the 23 winders while Cat gets a new Chassis.

Since they have kept the 1049cc in the VIper this long, they are obviously paying the tariff on it. I think they should bump it up to a 1200cc.
That would have it around 150HP plus.

I personally think you will see BNG for 2023.

I don't think we will see expanded EPS options either. Yamaha/Cat have had a difficult time delivering EPS sleds. Since the global supply issues are unlikely to change for 2023, I doubt they will be willing to offer it in more sleds.

I think for 2023 we are going to see less spring order options from all 4 brands. I also expect shorter snow check windows, or caps on how many of each models can be sold. Prices will likely go up substantially since the manufacturers know that they can sell more sleds than they are capable of producing.

I personally think you will see BNG for 2023.

I don't think we will see expanded EPS options either. Yamaha/Cat have had a difficult time delivering EPS sleds. Since the global supply issues are unlikely to change for 2023, I doubt they will be willing to offer it in more sleds.

I think for 2023 we are going to see less spring order options from all 4 brands. I also expect shorter snow check windows, or caps on how many of each models can be sold. Prices will likely go up substantially since the manufacturers know that they can sell more sleds than they are capable of producing.

I believe this to be true. I dont see any MFGR making any changes other then BNG.
The way our winters have been going, I could very well be riding my 17 for many years to come as well, which is fine as I love the machine.

We still don't have ridable snow here at home on Jan 21st. Dont see it getting better in the future either.

I've been a Yamaha snowmobile owner since 1971 when I bought my first sled (1972 SL338C) while still in High School. The last new sled I purchased was a 2021 SideWinder SRX. That's 50 years of Yamaha snowmobile ownership.

I've had a pretty good run with their sleds over the years but IMHO the handwriting is on the wall regarding their snowmobile division. A lot has changed in the world over those years, and in the snowmobile industry. The pioneers of the sport are gone and it seems the passionate engineers and designers of sleds have either retired or been fired by the powers that be.

With the Yamaha Snowmobile division a mere skeleton crew along with their supply agreement with Textron/Arctic Cat and their decision last year to close down there R&D facility in Minocqua, WI that pretty much tells me everything I need to know about their future plans in the industry.

Here's the last sentence from their announcement last year regarding shutting down the Minocqua, WI R&D facility:

"The Yamaha North American Snowmobile Division will continue working with OEM suppliers to invest in the snowmobile industry and explore opportunities to expand its presence in the supply of durable and reliable Yamaha power plants".
I agree Don, and although I was willing to move onto a “hybrid’ Yamaha/Cat if it had enough Yamaha DNA and that was my only option next time I’m in the market, I refuse to get on board with a 100% Cat sled painted blue with my beloved tuning forks on it. There is nothing Yamaha about that, and I refuse to support such a product.

I agree Don, and although I was willing to move onto a “hybrid’ Yamaha/Cat if it had enough Yamaha DNA and that was my only option next time I’m in the market, I refuse to get on board with a 100% Cat sled painted blue with my beloved tuning forks on it. There is nothing Yamaha about that, and I refuse to support such a product.
Even when there was rumors of Yamaha exiting the business about twenty years ago, I would ask myself what brand of the three I would choose if that happened. I hated certain things about all other three brands(and still do), but had decided to go Cat.
What I knew for sure was that I wouldn't end up driving a non current sled forever, just not an option for someone that likes to ride hard and fast and put on the miles.

Even when there was rumors of Yamaha exiting the business about twenty years ago, I would ask myself what brand of the three I would choose if that happened. I hated certain things about all other three brands(and still do), but had decided to go Cat.
What I knew for sure was that I wouldn't end up driving a non current sled forever, just not an option for someone that likes to ride hard and fast and put on the miles.
Are you speaking about the end of the pogo era? Lol. I remember having the same types of conversations with my Dad back then, who had moved on to a few other brands until the trailing arm sleds arrived and he was back on Yamaha. We’ve started having the same conversations again the last couple of seasons. All four manufacturers do certain things really well, and are terrible at others, just the nature of different engineering priorities by OEM’s. I don’t wear the blue goggles, I understand the sleds I’ve loved ALL had their unique issues, I just can’t imagine the lack of pride in your product it takes to simply re-badge someone else’s unit, that’s sad af.

Back