• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Yamaha Snowmobile line up

Another interesting and far more detailed report:
Those are great news! Looks like a bright future. Thank you Warrior Dan!

Ummm…. So am I the only one who didn’t fork out $3280 to read that report?

Spring is going to be tough. Many dealers have unfulfilled orders and this has created a rush to get in line early for spring deals. Get your deposit in now. It is unlikely that the manufacturers are going to catch up this year or next season. The pent up demand is hard to catch up on when your entire manufacturing capacity is designed around a specific flow of parts and materials. In manufacturing you want to avoid excess inventory as it represents static and growing backlogs of depreciating value so they are going to find it difficult to take a risk and step on the gas to increase capacity even if it seems logical. The risk of getting into another oversupply situation as they did in years past if they guess wrong means that they will likely ramp up slowly. Manufacturers don't mind having some unfulfilled demand but its a balance (don't want to lose market to competition either). On the other side of the coin, there is going to be a lot of competition for electronics and raw materials because as all markets recover from covid induced impacts most line capacity will be used for higher volume gear (summer or year-round sports) which are safer bets. Even if a manufacturer wanted to increase capacity it will be difficult as most manufacturing these days is 'just in time' and coupled with covid related job exits the entire supply chain is less scalable than it normally would be. I am going to guess that it will be the 2023/24 season before supply/demand even out which is going to force manufacturers to continuously optimize the supply chain (churn out what they know how to do efficiently) and focus on fulfillment, not innovation. So yes, probably BNG. A dealer told me yesterday that they expect greater than normal price hikes, less incentives, and less innovation for spring because they (brands) just need fulfill existing order backlog and demand is already much greater than supply.

Sorry….yesterday morning I could see the whole report but later in the day when I made the post I did not notice but I was limited to the TOC and I posted the link without looking further. They must have caught some glitch and fixed it.

Sorry….yesterday morning I could see the whole report but later in the day when I made the post I did not notice but I was limited to the TOC and I posted the link without looking further. They must have caught some glitch and fixed it.
Yeah I saw it. Buggers

good point, however wouldn't it be fair to give the people who ordered a 2022 and not had the delivery yet the opportunity to see what Yamaha 2023 offers and at what price, and then give the late delivery or no delivery people their choice...sounds fair to me. Let's see the 2023 models!!! Joe
Its already a fact that Yamaha Canada is not delivering all the spring order sleds .
And I was told if deliveries stretch to March , there will be more cancellations .
based on that it seems inevitable that Yamaha U.S. will not deliver 100 % of their orders , as previously mentioned .

i just would like to know the release date and when i can put my deposit down. I dont want to have it canceled again.......

i just would like to know the release date and when i can put my deposit down. I dont want to have it canceled again.......
I wouldn't wait. The local dealer (doo) is already taking deposits and holding places in line. The demand is going to outstrip supply for at least another year.

I wouldn't wait. The local dealer (doo) is already taking deposits and holding places in line. The demand is going to outstrip supply for at least another year.
It's crazy as boat dealers have been taking deposits on a "place in line" to put down an actual order for the past couple seasons! And then when the dealer actually sells more than their allocation, they inform the customer that their order was cancelled. When in actuality, it may have never been placed. As their place in line was just a backup in case someone else backed out on their spring order.

It's a crazy game their are playing, and I'm glad I'm not in the powersports business, or truck business, or any sort of sales position where these supply and delivery lines are impacted so greatly.

It's crazy as boat dealers have been taking deposits on a "place in line" to put down an actual order for the past couple seasons! And then when the dealer actually sells more than their allocation, they inform the customer that their order was cancelled. When in actuality, it may have never been placed. As their place in line was just a backup in case someone else backed out on their spring order.

It's a crazy game their are playing, and I'm glad I'm not in the powersports business, or truck business, or any sort of sales position where these supply and delivery lines are impacted so greatly.

I've found the same. Was talking with the sales manager at our local dealer about a Snoscoot for next year. He said he already has 2 people with deposits and if I really want one I better throw some cash down asap. All of this without knowing what exactly I'm buying or how much. My hesitation only comes from really wanting efi on them.

Earlier this week I was talking with a buddy this week who used to be a long time Yamaha dealer and still has connections at the company. Yamaha has a working battery electric sled that is performance oriented. I don’t have any more info than that but this explains why they are content with Cat building sleds for them. IMO, they got burned so bad on EPA emission regs that never went into effect that they are not going to invest any money into ICE powered sleds. They will be in a good position to expand back into the market as 2-strokes get phased out and things start to transition to electric.

How many on this site would jump ship if Yamaha sold engines to poo or doo? Not saying this is happening but its possible? Maybe another manufacture wants to be top dog in hyper sleds?
On another subject I sure miss the Suzuki powered 2 smokes from Cat! those were great motors that lasted far better then any others at that time.. Besides the 6000 engine from Cat on the 2 smoke side its dismal. Plenty of sales on 2 smokes yet. guys still buy tons of ski doo 2 smokes? I would buy a 2 smoke Yamaha MOTOR in a millisecond if it ever happened.. Not going to but I can dream?

EDIT! I would still keep my winder but I still like having a 2 smoke around

Last edited:
Earlier this week I was talking with a buddy this week who used to be a long time Yamaha dealer and still has connections at the company. Yamaha has a working battery electric sled that is performance oriented. I don’t have any more info than that but this explains why they are content with Cat building sleds for them. IMO, they got burned so bad on EPA emission regs that never went into effect that they are not going to invest any money into ICE powered sleds. They will be in a good position to expand back into the market as 2-strokes get phased out and things start to transition to electric.

I'd be all in on an electric sled. We just need the solid state battery tech to work out as they're predicting. Current battery tech just isn't there yet for energy density/range but we're slowly getting closer. No longer having heat and ice formation issues would be such a nice change. I'm sure there'll be plenty of new issues though.

Back