• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Yamaha Snowmobile line up

The chassis is pretty dated. Sure the refinements have definitely improved the ride of it but if they want to stay in the game there needs to be a new chassis this year.

The pandemic hasn’t stopped Polaris and Ski Doo dropping some big changes. Doo is dropping some big changes again this year from what I’ve heard.

The 998 genesis turbo is a industry leading piece of art, they just need to wrap a chassis around it.

Being a western mountain rider and have had these chassis apart numerous times. I do shake my head at the quality, fit/ finish and the fasteners used. Feels like a step back in time compared to the other 2.

That being said I’m still going to ride a sidewinder mtx or sidewinder x-tx modded for mountain riding next year but hoping there a new weapon in thier arsenal for next year. I do feel from the mountain riding perspective Arctic Cat definitely helped Yamaha in the chassis department. Best mountain sled chassis for them period, but time for an update.

I am irritated that they paint a Arctic Cat Alpha and say it’s a all new Mountain Max with no changes. I would expect better from Yamaha at this point.

Last edited:

I would rather the 2023's come before mine is built at this point. That way I can see what the price increase may be and what models may be different.
still no sled? got to hand it to you, you're patient. Had lunch in Kakadjo by chance with a guy who ordered a new Viper...he too is being patient but not happy...was not happy with the Cat engineering, still a loyal Yamaha guy though. Joe

got to hand it to you, you're patient
Patient is one word for it. Realist is another.
I saw this coming, it wasn't hard to anticipate and prepare.
I actually have bought 3 sleds and 2 trailers in the 8 months since my pre-order, sold the 2 trailers and 2 of the sleds. I sold my older trailer last year and ordered one last February, a usual 2-3 week lead time on the new trailer turned into 12. Also sold my old Sidewinder sled this spring.
I wasn't about to go without.
If people didn't anticipate these shortages with all that was going on then they had blinders on. It wasn't hard to see it coming.
I can either pay attention, anticipate what is going to happen and act accordingly, or do nothing and complain about it.

1260_-_Yamaha_2022_snowmobiles_1_kindlephoto-362486097.png

I've heard from a reputable source that we'll be surprised what new stuff the industry leaders will be releasing for MY23 considering everything that's been going on this year.

Less than one week for the Ski-Doo release. Sounds like the Polaris release will be sometime in early March after their dealer meetings wrap up.

Still crickets from Arctic Cat and Yamaha on release dates.

Impressive what a guy can build with a iPhone. . Something along these lines would make me happy…not sure it would last tho. Lol
6B78945D-5972-4FCF-9788-3DFF1BFAF3BC.jpeg

Last edited:
I've heard from a reputable source that we'll be surprised what new stuff the industry leaders will be releasing for MY23 considering everything that's been going on this year.

Less than one week for the Ski-Doo release. Sounds like the Polaris release will be sometime in early March after their dealer meetings wrap up.

Still crickets from Arctic Cat and Yamaha on release dates.

The industry leaders are Ski-Doo and Polaris Don...

Am I reading between the lines correctly?

I talked to the local dealer yesterday, he said last half of March and don't expect much of anything.

Probably in procross chassis for the foreseeable future with the 998. I bet the two smokes get a limited 500qty procross 2 across each segment.

So 2000 new sled chassis. 600 800's for trail and mtn.

I do wonder if Textron will change its mind with the chassis sharing deal.

Probably in procross chassis for the foreseeable future with the 998. I bet the two smokes get a limited 500qty procross 2 across each segment.

So 2000 new sled chassis. 600 800's for trail and mtn.

I do wonder if Textron will change its mind with the chassis sharing deal.
Change its mind with regards to....?

The assembly line would look awfully empty if that happened.
That's probably what big T is trying to figure out. They may bring out there own triple four stroke turbo and expect to bring over the Yamaha crew.

Problem with that is that I think a lot of people tolerate the cat chassis and build quality because they love the 998t. Yeah Textron has Weber that may help with engine development but I doubt people on here would move to a cat/cat chassis/engine. Cat doesn't have the best record when it comes to engines with their latest 800.

Probably would just suck it up and go to doo but cat is up to something in the engine development.

Back