• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Yamaha Snowmobile line up

How many on this site would jump ship if Yamaha sold engines to poo or doo? Not saying this is happening but its possible? Maybe another manufacture wants to be top dog in hyper sleds?
On another subject I sure miss the Suzuki powered 2 smokes from Cat! those were great motors that lasted far better then any others at that time.. Besides the 6000 engine from Cat on the 2 smoke side its dismal. Plenty of sales on 2 smokes yet. guys still buy tons of ski doo 2 smokes? I would buy a 2 smoke Yamaha MOTOR in a millisecond if it ever happened.. Not going to but I can dream?
I would try a Polaris with a 998

Yamaha has a electric motor that's 160hp and weighs 35lbs that could fit in a snoscoot!!!true story it's a b***h to dig and find this info

Last edited by a moderator:
I would try a Polaris with a 998
Imagine an XCR with a 998t, that would be a winner.

It will never happen with Doo though, they have such great engines and their latest 900T has so much potential. And they are using their engines in so many product lines. They have things well under control without any outside input in my opinion.

Polaris is itching for a 4 stroke gap filler. But I don't think their customers are begging for it at the moment. And 850 boost in a trail sled is much more likely. Same for the doo fanboys that don't want the 900T, they may want an 850 turbo in a trail sled. But for obvious reasons, it will be tuned way different than the mountain variety they have as it will serve a different purpose, rather than just compensating for altitude.

Last edited:
Polaris has stayed #2 for years and years without offering a 4 stroke engine choice. I doubt they are interested in doing that now when neither Cat or Yamaha are any threat to them in sales.

Polaris has stayed #2 for years and years without offering a 4 stroke engine choice. I doubt they are interested in doing that now when neither Cat or Yamaha are any threat to them in sales.
Look at what DOO is doing. They are the market leader and they know the market is trending towards four strokes. Admittedly it has taken longer than I expected, but its happening.

Look at what DOO is doing. They are the market leader and they know the market is trending towards four strokes. Admittedly it has taken longer than I expected, but its happening.
It’s not trending to 4 strokes in my area. The mountain sled market is the biggest segment and it is dominated by 2 strokes. Same thing with the ditch banging, bump sled segment, all 2 strokes. That said, Ski-Doo is smart to offer both 2 & 4 stroke machines. They cover more of the market and that’s why they continue to stay in the #1 spot since 2003. Pretty crazy that next year they will have been the market share leader for 20 years.

Imagine and XCR with a 998t, that would be a winner.

It will never happen with Doo though, they have such great engines and their latest 900T has so much potential. And they are using their engines in so many product lines. They have things well under control without any outside input in my opinion.

Polaris is itching for a 4 stroke gap filler. But I don't think their customers are begging for it at the moment. And 850 boost in a trail sled is much more likely. Same for the doo fanboys that don't want the 900T, they may want an 850 turbo in a trail sled. But for obvious reasons, it will be tuned way different than the mountain variety they have as it will serve a different purpose, rather than just compensating for altitude.
Lol!!doo with great motors?did you see all the people selling there machs already?

Lol!!doo with great motors?did you see all the people selling there machs already?
Actually didn't, unless it's just guys trying to capitolize on the crazy market. Can't say that I have.

But yes, they have common two stroke issues, but overall, for the amount of sleds delivered, the Etec motors have held up really well. Their four stroke ACE line has been solid too.

Keep in mind, those motors are holding up in multiple powersport categories and holding up well. So it's not just sleds. Yamaha looks at it this way too. The 998T and NA 998 is holding up in many categories.

I have a 2020 viper that I like but that being said I just bought another 2013 vector. They are a great trail sled and fun to ride. I think I am all set for a while until Yamaha gets their stuff together. I think I will be maintaining what I have for a long time....

I have a 2020 viper that I like but that being said I just bought another 2013 vector. They are a great trail sled and fun to ride. I think I am all set for a while until Yamaha gets their stuff together. I think I will be maintaining what I have for a long time....
I like my Vector motors so much. I just purchased 2 2022 Yamaha Wave Runners. With the 1049 Marine version.

'2023 Sled line up'
Sorry: Not Sleds but pure Yamaha. And H20! Frozen or otherwise. I am not done with the sleds yet this year. I hope they add P.S. To the Vipers. I was all about buying a Viper. But with the Cat DNA. I would need to have the Factory. P.S. To offset the extra maintenance or re-engineering. My opinion. You guys have already sold me on the Procross vs Deltabox. its all about the handling. And suspension with Sleds.

Just imagine an electric Yamaha with no belt to worry about. Shaft drive or direct drive some how. Heck I am over my head and don’t know how it works!

After riding multiple Polaris sleds recently, i can say that they are the best handling sled out there. BY FAR!
MY OPINION SO NO NEED TO ARGUE IT
That said, they are #2 by a big number so their LACK of a 4-stroke is hurting them. Me being one.
Polaris has good 4-strokes that will work in a sled, they just haven't finished it yet.

A 998 in a Polaris designed to fit it..................I'm in

Back