• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2024 Prototypes and Spy Photos

Idk ….I feel Yamaha will be heading to electric rather than any huge R&D in a combustion engine at this point.

Seems like auto makers are all headed that direction. Yamaha probably will just end up being supplier for the electric drive system.

sorry to bad guy here anything coming from Yamaha is a pipe dream how can you doing anything when R & D shut down all people let go. so going to do testing an make sure its run an to there standers so boy but i think we are seeing the end of Yamaha in the snow business and a lot of dealers that know feel the same way that the end is coming i feel said because i;m a 60 year yamaha customer an starting to loss my faith in them.

sorry to bad guy here anything coming from Yamaha is a pipe dream how can you doing anything when R & D shut down all people let go. so going to do testing an make sure its run an to there standers so boy but i think we are seeing the end of Yamaha in the snow business and a lot of dealers that know feel the same way that the end is coming i feel said because i;m a 60 year yamaha customer an starting to loss my faith in them.
Your bang on

Yamaha will be in the snowmobile business as a engine supplier, that's pretty much what they are doing now, the question is who will they supply and what other engines will they put out other then the Viper and Winder engine, Not sure if you will see a blue Catalyst, more likely Yamaha will stay in the pro cross for now, everything is so tight lipped with Yamaha.

Truth hurts the faithful. As mentioned in my first post, we have all probably come to the conclusion that we are going to be happy with what is on the trailer currently. I really have no idea what I would replace it with from the other brands.

Yamaha will be in the snowmobile business as a engine supplier, that's pretty much what they are doing now, the question is who will they supply and what other engines will they put out other then the Viper and Winder engine, Not sure if you will see a blue Catalyst, more likely Yamaha will stay in the pro cross for now, everything is so tight lipped with Yamaha.
That is true they are engine supplier but I will tell I was somewhere a retired cat engineer was an talking to a friend of mine an he told us that Yamaha no input on the new cat an that there engine will not fit also Yamaha wanted more of the small sleds built an cat told them NO then a couple of weeks after cat was making ski doo sleds so yamaha was up set because they where giving cat a deal on those engines now they are helping ski doo out . And he told us no Yamaha people at the factory like there us to be. So boys the end is coming so hang on to what you , mark my words

In this era of turbo sleds all Yamaha has to do is produce a 150 HP turbo trail sled and it will sell like hot cakes. Look at Doo's 900T, it's there most popular sled by far. What would be even sweeter is if they could do that with a 2-cylinder 4 stroke motor and turbo.... sign me up!
You mean another cat1100 twin fourstroke?

That is true they are engine supplier but I will tell I was somewhere a retired cat engineer was an talking to a friend of mine an he told us that Yamaha no input on the new cat an that there engine will not fit also Yamaha wanted more of the small sleds built an cat told them NO then a couple of weeks after cat was making ski doo sleds so yamaha was up set because they where giving cat a deal on those engines now they are helping ski doo out . And he told us no Yamaha people at the factory like there us to be. So boys the end is coming so hang on to what you , mark my words
Thinking Yamaha has something up their sleeve, I think they have been working on something and Cat knows it, where they are so tight lipped its everyone's guess, their is rumblings in the wind about Polaris not sure if that will amount to anything, who would know, Jaret has been quiet, Pro Cross for at least another year, we may get good news or bad

Updated Apex without a turbo….
998 turbo has the big power guys covered, but there is a hole in the current lineup around 150-165 ponies. I do think they’re done with the four holer though, which is a shame. A tuned up NA triple could get them to that power level without all the fuss and muss of a forced induction setup. Sign me up if it’s got EPS and doesn’t look like it’s been designed and put together by some kids in primary school.

Yamaha has nothing for ‘24 except blue Procross chassis Sidewinders, 400cc Vipers, and the Cat Norseman. That’s it. They won’t even be getting the new Cataylist sled. The Yamaha sled division is a year or two away from being completely done, folded up and forgotten about.

Thinking Yamaha has something up their sleeve, I think they have been working on something and Cat knows it, where they are so tight lipped its everyone's guess, their is rumblings in the wind about Polaris not sure if that will amount to anything, who would know, Jaret has been quiet, Pro Cross for at least another year, we may get good news or bad
Yeah all we've seen from Jaret is a post hawking clothing and accessories for Christmas. Yamaha has the energy of a Steely Dan concert these days.

Check out the post about the new Cat Catalyst. Thunder products chimed in at post#50 about working with Cat on clutching and stated a few posts later about talking with Jared and some of the engineers at Haydays and stated Yamaha is not done. Who knows, I like to think they still want to be in the sled business.

Idk ….I feel Yamaha will be heading to electric rather than any huge R&D in a combustion engine at this point.

Seems like auto makers are all headed that direction. Yamaha probably will just end up being supplier for the electric drive system.
Sure thing. Michigan's UP is filled with charging stations...............................

Yamaha is right up to speed on 4 stroke engine development as the 998 has proved time after time.
Yamaha is a decade or more behind in snowmobile chassis/suspension development and it is highly unlikely that they are going to spend the R and D to try to catch up overnight as if they didn't bring out a competitive or game changer sled on initial release they would fail miserably!
At best we will be seeing Yamaha engines in non yamaha branded chassis as we move forward.
JM.02c

Back