• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2024 Yamaha snowmobile releases, March 14, 2023

I believe the T-Cat is in the 22k range. Here's the problem I see with the Catalyst chassis, the belt drive. How are they going to get a 4 stroke to back up? Can/will they design a chaincase for that chassis? I was a fan of the Diamond Drive that cat had in the 00's, once they updated it with reverse. Some people bitched about it (some people bitch about everything), but I had 10,000 trouble free miles on mine. They were compact, light weight, eliminated the jack shaft and chaincase. There's still a lot of those out there. To me, that would work on a lightweight chassis, If you could design it to fit. Of course this is just me blowing smoke, as they will likely tweak the Procross chassis in the future, but keep it for the 4 strokes.

Well we paid more than that 2 years ago in Canada. I’m guessing $28k CAD before pdi/frt/taxes. So that $33,335 OTD

I believe the T-Cat is in the 22k range. Here's the problem I see with the Catalyst chassis, the belt drive. How are they going to get a 4 stroke to back up? Can/will they design a chaincase for that chassis? I was a fan of the Diamond Drive that cat had in the 00's, once they updated it with reverse. Some people bitched about it (some people bitch about everything), but I had 10,000 trouble free miles on mine. They were compact, light weight, eliminated the jack shaft and chaincase. There's still a lot of those out there. To me, that would work on a lightweight chassis, If you could design it to fit. Of course this is just me blowing smoke, as they will likely tweak the Procross chassis in the future, but keep it for the 4 strokes.
That’s a simple fix. If a 4 stroke comes to the Catalyst chassis they’ll just use a conventional chain case in place of the belt drive. The bulkhead will need some widening and the body panels will probably grow a little bit. Think what Ski-Doo did to their narrow 2 stroke chassis to widen it to fit the 900 ACE and that’s what Cat/Yamaha would need to do to the Catalyst. Now the 4 stroke engine is likely going to sit a little higher in the bulkhead vs the 2 stroke just like in the current Procross chassis, but that’s just the nature of the beast when fitting a taller wider engine. As long as the weight distribution is similar to the 2 strokes it’ll ride and handle just fine.

AC released today. Pantera 7000 and ZR 7000 return using the 1049cc Yamaha engine. I would assume this means the Viper will return with BNG. I'd sure like a few more models combinations. The Thundercat and Riot 9000 return. Procross based. So the Polaris rumors were not true. All 600 Cats are Catalyst models and 800 Procross.

You can pretty much look at the Cat release and expand the 4 stroke model line a bit and you'll have Yamaha 2024. The only question at this point will be is a Catalyst chassis capable of fitting the 4 stroke triples coming in 2025 or is Yamaha finished? If they truly signed a new 7 year agreement no way they are leaving the 4 stroke engines in a Procross for another 7 years. The Catalyst 4 stroke has to happen at some point.
Cat’s website sux. It’s layout is stupid, are you an intermediate rider, are you an aggressive rider? Do you have 0 years? Do you have 1-3 years, are you an experienced rider? Come on just show us the dam sleds! Apparently they think we are all idiots?

Then to top it off they show you the ZR9000 has the good QS3R Kashima shocks but go to the T-Cat version and there’s no easy way to find out what shocks it has. Not to mention the TCat has power steering but the ZR which has the better shocks from what I gather does not.

If you look at the pictures there's holes in the outside of the chain case, what's stopping them from putting the gears back in and bolting the oil tank on for the 998

I don't see the chaincase or an updated chaincase as being a huge hurdle, certainly not bigger than cramming the 4s into the chassis along with all of the support elements (cooling, intake, etc). The ability to get it to back up is really just some form of gear translation which doesn't stop them from using belt drives instead of chains.

I agree that there certainly must be a consideration for updating the procross chassis instead of trying to cram the current 3 holer into the catalyst. The biggest issues with the procross is more about ergonomics than anything else. Yes, the skid could use some attention, the front end is already good, just bring over updated geometry from the catalyst or what they learned in designing that. Given that cat has put so much effort into minimizing their production line (shared parts for everything) I would have to lean on a new, more compact 4s in the catalyst aimed at the mid-tier performance crowd.

I agree. Perhaps Textron will use their own engine, or maybe the Yamaha Rmax engine will make it’s way into a sled.

Looks like the t-cats are already sold out on Cat's site. Of course who knows how many they are making this year.

Not to mention the TCat has power steering but the ZR which has the better shocks from what I gather does not.
COMPARE MODELS
THE TURBOCHARGED RACE REPLICA

ZR 9000 RR​

• 9000-Series, 4-Stroke Turbocharged Engine
  • Electronic Power Steering (EPS)
  • SLIDE-ACTION Rear Suspension

ZR 9000 RR  side view

Pretty sure it says EPS on the second line......

A whole lot of nothing for ‘24. The Yamaha sled division needs to either fold up and go away o actually start caring about both the sport and it’s few remaining customers again. This video is pathetic!

A whole lot of nothing for ‘24. The Yamaha sled division needs to either fold up and go away o actually start caring about both the sport and it’s few remaining customers again. This video is pathetic!
You don't even know what the 24's are yet.
You may very well be right that there isn't much, but no other manufacturer brought much else new for 24 either.
So should they all 'fold up'?

You may very well be right that there isn't much, but no other manufacturer brought much else new for 24 either.
Exactly!

No change and limited production isn't a bad thing. Either they are trying to avoid delivering late or it could be a signal that change is coming.

Cat brought out a whole new chassis for ‘24, so making the statement that no other manufacturer brought much new for ‘24 isn’t correct. Yamaha will be BNG and if lucky maybe a couple more variants of the current line. It is what it is.

What were you expecting?
Some people will always find something to bitch about.
They STILL sell every sled they make. The division is obviously making money.

Back