• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

5th annual 2009 New York TY ride.

Well...I'm holdin out for doing some riding on your trails Dave-O. So better make sure you have the snow ready for our TY ride. Call who ya gotta call..pay off whoever ya got to pay off and get 'r dun!!

Seriously, hope the weather works out for our ride down your way for Jan 21-24th, as planned.

--Steve (O.C.)

PS That is as long as Viperman doesnt go sellin his sled on EBay along with all his other possessions..hahaha

It was 55 degrees today. Snow is all but gone around home except on truck trails. Keep your fingers crossed we get some cold again and serious snowfall in the next few weeks :o|

ride

looks like we got the last ride in on Friday for a while. We need some cold weather and some snow. Go out and do some snow dances

NY RIDE

HOW ARE YOU GUYS BEEN A WHILE BOOMER UR BACK RX1 MAN STILL IS ALIVE BBW STILL ALSO THIS IS TOM BY THE WAY AND YES STILL HAVE THE BENDER VIPER CANT SEEM TO PART WITH IT. I SPOKE TO HRD HE MAY WANT TO COME UP FOR A RIDE. WE STILL HAVE GOOD SNOW HERE IN OPPEINHEIM AND NORTH TO SPECULATOR I AM GOING TO TRY TO COME ON THE RIDE HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL
THANKS TOM

Tom, sorry to hear you still have the stinker :4STroke: Look forward to riding with you. Within the next week or two we are going to have to nail down where this ride will be taking place. I'm still hoping weatherman Gordon will call for a big storm to hit the state soon.

Dave, You should get about 5 or 6 inches of snow tomorrow morning. At least that is a start. I had 31" on the ground as of Dec 24th, but now only 14" left. I hit 44 degrees on Sunday, with alot of rain on Saturday. Did I pass you on the trail about 11:00 AM this past Friday over on the TC riders trails?

Gordon, you may have but sorry, I didn't notice you(SHOULD HAVE BLOWN YOUR HORN LOL). Airmech(Tim) and I unloaded in Central Square and rode to Colonial Inn for lunch. We had to stop at Mike's Yamaha first as Airmech's front shock in the rear skid came apart just before we got to the Colonial. After just having all his shocks rebuilt they failed to tighten up the bolts that hold it into the skid! Fortunately Mike's was open(no mechanic on duty) but they had parts we needed to put it all back together. Ended up riding back the same way due to getting late in day. Hoping to head up north one day this weekend as I don't think we'll get enough snow down here to make it very good riding(although I'm keeping my fingers crossed).

The date is getting close gentleman.

RX1Man, keep us posted as far as the conditions around Marathon. If they are not looking good by 1/14, should we officially pull the plug on the ride out of Marathon and plan to ride the same dates, but somewhere else? Out of Barneveld or Remsen? Maybe even Boonville, for a change?

--Steve (O.C.)

I just got word today that I won't be able to do the ride 1/21-1/24 as the aircraft inspection date has been moved :o| This is a real let down after inquiring two months ago about taking those dates off. I'll let everyone else decide where they want to hold the ride and if by some chance I am able to make the ride I'll be there. I'd still like to plan a ride in my area sometime in Feb. Let's see what the general consensus is on dates and hopefully by then we'll have good snowfall and groomed trails.

Guys, just wanted to let you all know that I won't be joining you for any of the rides this year. I have a place to stay all winter in Old Forge and I'm keeping the sled there and will ride out of there instead of trailering anywhere. I will be there every weekend, so if anyone happens to be in Old Forge this year, give me a shout and we can hook up, up there.

Later, Boomer (Dale)

Hey Guys, Should we start talkin about goin north now? Seein Dave is out. and there is no snow anywhere but North. Whats everyone say? I want to ride, wherever whenever

Sure...north sounds good Mark. Maybe we can do the Barneveld/Remsen starting point again, as it seems to work out well. Plenty of snow over that way and all points to the north (except to the west off of Tug Hill).

Seeing as from there we can go a few different routes up to the Hill, if we wanted...ride out to the east towards Piseco or Speculator (can go visit Powerhaulic and his new shop. Maybe try to drag him out for a ride). Ride to the west towards Camden, Williamstown, and into Pulaski towards Lake Ontario (snow pending that way, of course) I'd rather stay off the Hill, since there are so many great trails/riding to be had other than ON Tug Hill...half the fun of the Hill is all the great trails you ride going there.

What does everyone else think?

--Steve (O.C.)

PS...RX1 Man..very disappointed!! Ehhh, whaddaya gonna do. Life happens!

But the Question is:::WHERE??? I'm good for wherever. Steve, off hill sounds ok to me. Would Love to go see POWER. Let me know! Need to make Rez. Mark

Back