• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

660 feet 6 seconds 101.85 mph skis never touch the ground

Yamadog

Lifetime Member
Well I just got back from a great weekend up in DA YOOPER (except for the speeding ticket):o|

Did 160 miles on Friday on ok trails. Ran into 3 guys in Mercer 2 on 280 hp reflashed xf1100's and 1 on a 320 hp D&D xf1100. They liked the viper and wanted to see what it could do. We headed over to a little lake just south of town.

first run the 4 of us lined up and their other buddy started us. I was late too leave and spun the track still taking both 180 guys out of the hole. In less than 100 ft I ran down the other guy and passed him. at the end of the run he blew a belt. He replaced and we headed back to the start.

Second run I left hard and we were even till I hit about 50 and then I started to pull on him. The other 2 were never in view. After they said they were heading to Monocqua in the morninmg for the radar runs. I told them I would meet them there.

I trailered down the next morning got through tech and got in line (after putting on new 8 dn belt). first run was 100.98MPH in 660 ft. It left hard and pulled the skis about 2' and carried them the entore length of the track. The second run was worse they were using an Gator with a small drag to groom and the snow was not very firm and I launched and pulled the skis 3'. I never left off but started to drift right and had to use body english to correct it. The mph was 99.85. The 3rd run was the best, I ran right after the 320 hp D&D guys sled (which he had his 150 lb son riding, I am 196) It left hard still pulling the skis 2' but felt good. 101.83 mph. That run his son did was his best at 101.94 MPH.

Here is the video of run 3 at Monocqua, WI
http://youtu.be/_IT08N2DpdM

Here is the video of me running the XF1100's sorry camera was on wrong side of helmet but he never appears at all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GktPkerWCE

Monocqua 3rd run time slip.jpg

Last edited:

Nice, I can't wait to see some video. Sounds like you got it dialed.
Were you at 12psi?
Are you still running the stock gearing?
Will you be going back up there next weekend? We're taking off Thursday heading to munising. I've got 3 cat guys I ride with that are all setup by priceless I'm sure we'll be seeing how well the nytro does against them.

U gotta put that cat turbo on yours now! D&d's xf7000 turbo has all the same mods as yours except they have the cat turbo on it running more boost, amsnow Shootout it ran 112 mph in 660, you gotta get more boost! Lol sounds like it was a fun time!

Sorry had to take care of my honey after letting me go alone but will have them up tomorrow. It was wild and fun and made everything ibwebt through worth it

That's awesome! 101+ in 660', that's a good pull. When I use to hill drag we were 500'. My Nytro ran pretty good 97-98 on snow.. I'd like my Viper to be in the 95+ in 660' :Rockon:

I added the video link to youtube for the drag run and now am uploading the race against the XF1100 back in the original post

I was standing right behind you when you made that pass in the video.

Nice that was a fun time I am going to try to make more of them this year and then make her a beast over the summer. I got to get the front end down. The guy that ran in front of me with the orange splattered D&D XF1100 is the one I raced Friday night with his dad on it. He was in a different class but still only got me by .12 mph and he was almost 50 lbs lighter.

I remember the kid talking to the Dad when we were standing there.

Yeah the dad was darker complected and wearing all black suit and balaclava and glasses. They were great guys but after I beat him 2 times on Friday night he was on the phone with D&D tech saying I just got beat by a F#######ng Yamaha!!! We all laughed. He even has a stutter in his for launch.

Well if he is truely running 320 hp he better be on the phone he's at improved stock turbo range which should run, 110 mph plus in the short distance, I got a good idea he bought all this go fast stuff and never clutched anything for the added power

Well if he is truely running 320 hp he better be on the phone he's at improved stock turbo range which should run, 110 mph plus in the short distance, I got a good idea he bought all this go fast stuff and never clutched anything for the added power

They did not make him run in the improved category, I had to run in the 1000 cc improved 4 stroke. Next year I will be in the lower class with 20 #'s of boost with the Cat turbo at 320 hp. The snow was loose When I left the fastest time of the day was 119.??? on a sled that should have been in the 130's

D&D built it and set it up. It was not cheap. I am telling you this is at least the 2nd time I raced 320 hp versions (D&D built) and I have raced 5 of the re-flashed 280 hp sleds and all had the same results. They LOST. They may dyno at that but the CAT clutches must not be efficient enough to get the power to the track. The first time we raced I was asleep at the line and he pulled me by 3 or 4 sleds and in less than 100' I ran him down and passed him.

Back