• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

7800mi Service 16 Jackshaft upgrade and Driver/Shaft change 2017 Shaft/Bearing info

So far so good... initial idle and slow speed test passed with flying colors... going to take for a full speed run in about an hour. 8 inches of fresh snow up here to keep the in town riding tolerable.

Running the secondary at 3 and 3 (angle of 60) for now. Trying to eliminate variables that would throw off a clean test run. I'm still open to any suggestions of course.

Hey Guys, I have read this thread a few times and was just hoping for a bit of help. I want to do the 2014 Viper conversion to the 2017 inner chaincase and jack shaft that some other guys in this post have done. My chaincase is cracked so I want to replace it anyway.

1. Will the 2014 gears and chain work with the 2017 inner chaincase assembly and jack shaft assembly?
2. If I buy those 2 assemblies above, is there anything else (other than the different housing bolts) I need to upgrade to the 2017 parts to make the conversion work?
Thanks so much guys! Great info on this thread

Gears and chains are same. In addition to the inner complete case you need the Jackshaft assembly and all clips and washers on it.

Thanks for confirming the gears and chain Cannondale! I was planning to buy both the full inner chaincase assembly and the jack shaft assembly. Ok so I also will need the 2017 washers and circlips on the chaincase side to match the jackshaft. So the 4mm difference in circlip position from the 2017 shaft to the 2016 shaft that was discussed earlier in this post is not an issue here correct as the new back case and bearing accounts for that. As in, no spacer or other unique part needed?

Thanks for confirming the gears and chain Cannondale! I was planning to buy both the full inner chaincase assembly and the jack shaft assembly. Ok so I also will need the 2017 washers and circlips on the chaincase side to match the jackshaft. So the 4mm difference in circlip position from the 2017 shaft to the 2016 shaft that was discussed earlier in this post is not an issue here correct as the new back case and bearing accounts for that. As in, no spacer or other unique part needed?
Correct

Hey guys, just read this. Now my mind is racing, trying to decipher the different options & part #'s. So to start my sled is a 2015. Looks like my options to loose the wobble bearing are to upgrade to a 2016 shaft assembly and go with a SKU or FAG bearing on the chain side? Or, upgrade to the 2017 and go with either a 4mm spacer or new inner chain case? (although going with no spacer and the stock case is likely possible, but i would go with a spacer).

Hey guys, just read this. Now my mind is racing, trying to decipher the different options & part #'s. So to start my sled is a 2015. Looks like my options to loose the wobble bearing are to upgrade to a 2016 shaft assembly and go with a SKU or FAG bearing on the chain side? Or, upgrade to the 2017 and go with either a 4mm spacer or new inner chain case? (although going with no spacer and the stock case is likely possible, but i would go with a spacer).
Correct

Back