• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

850 mile 05 RX1 turbo report

iarx1

Veteran
05 RX1 with Simon CPR turbo installed by Mike Knapp, 96 Woodys down the middle, Bergstrom triple point carbides with ski savers.
The TURBO..you can ride this thing all day long on the trail, smooth, quiet, dependable and 16 MPG. When you get to the lake the fun begins. Nothing that is ridden on the trail can even come close. It is truly amazing. If you have not ridden one you need to put it on your "must do list". 140+ on the dream meter. Guys that had never seen a turbo before thought it was a factory install.
The SLED..coming off an 03, I'm just about as impressed with the sled as I am the turbo. No ratcheting, great transfer, eats bumps like they wern't there, no push, no darting, turns on a dime and no problems with ski lift. I was very impressed.
A big thanks to Jeff Simon for providing a great product and a special thanks to Mike Knapp for a great install and setup..a class act.

Doug, looks like you are as stoked over the CPR turbo and performance as I am! Wait till you see the meter over 150! Its good to know the 05 monoshocks don't appear to ratchet like the pro-action. Thanks for the update and nice words. Mike Knapp #17

Mike, I'm sure 150 on the meter is very possible, but for some reason I get all these crazy thoughts going through my mind..what would happen if the track blew... what would happen if the chain case locked up...its got to be my age. I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with blowing past my buddies 20 or 30 sled lengths and showing them my brake light...it does'nt get much better then that!!

I hope you're going 150 where you will be the only one to die, if something breaks. I'd hate to see an innocent person hurt.

Back