• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New srx with eps

ricks-rocket

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 yamaha sidewinder srx le eps
Just picked up my 23 srx with eps and traded my 21 srx in after unloading my 21 and loading the 23 on the trailer I am already impressed with power steering haven’t even trail rode the sled yet and already glad I made the switch a great thank you to Mike at port Yamaha for all the help and a great deal

Agreed! I would not want to give it up after riding my Tcat with it. At low speeds it really lightens the feel of the sled. Hard to believe it would make that much difference until I rode it.

I was out at the local snow drags yesterday and I talked to a rider that had a new EPS SW and also still owned a 2014 EPS Apex. He was very impressed with his SW and said the EPS on the Sidewinder is far superior to the EPS on his Apex...I was surprised to hear that.

With Acat building a 7000 engine series Pantera and ZR next year, I would be willing to go on a limb and say EPS will be expanding next season for both Cat and Yamaha on the procross chassis.

Wouldn’t it be nice if they made up a kit to add it to older models. I suppose the electronics are the problem.

I was out at the local snow drags yesterday and I talked to a rider that had a new EPS SW and also still owned a 2014 EPS Apex. He was very impressed with his SW and said the EPS on the Sidewinder is far superior to the EPS on his Apex...I was surprised to hear that.
I’m hearing that more and more..

Wouldn’t it be nice if they made up a kit to add it to older models. I suppose the electronics are the problem.

Someone does make an aftermarket power steering kit. Regarding retrofitting the Cat/Yamaha EPS, my understanding is that you would need a new ECU and gauge to make it work. Probably not feasible. The kit below has been around for a few years but have not had any first hand experience with it. It's about $1900 and bolts in. Way cheaper than a new Tcat or Winder.

#S1719 – POWER STEERING KIT FOR YAMAHA SIDEWINDER AND ARCTIC CAT THUNDERCAT 2017-2023 – GSE Performance

very interesting. looks pretty straight forward installation with nice pictures has anyone tried it??

very interesting. looks pretty straight forward installation with nice pictures has anyone tried it??
People have tried it, it’s nowhere near as nice as the factory unit. It doesn’t progressively shut off like factory unit and there is ‘play’ in the steering too.

Many have researched Cat OEM retrofit to older non-EPS models. Very expensive, some parts not available, and electronics are a problem EPS unit communicates with ECM.

Back