• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A/F Gages

TurboTime

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yanaha Nytro
I think I might give up on my AEM wideband A/F. Any suggestions for replacement? Tired of the quarks and changing out the bung.

Rich or Lean Can't Mess them up.

What does Kill O2 sensors is Water or condensation.

A simple fix is to put the gauge on a toggle switch, Warm up the sled thoroughly before turning the gauge on and the O2 sensor should last the life of the sled.

Ted.

I used an autometer digital a/f and didn't have issues. If memory serves, they use the Bosch sensors. A couple years ago it cost me around 400.00

Ted Jannetty said:
kinger said:
I have the AEM and the sensor crapped out on it, good idea Ted I think I will wire in a timer and have it come on after 4 mins or something.

Your Welcome, I am just full of them.

Ted.

Good idea.... Thank you

I run the Innovate LC-1 with the XD-16 gauge, it runs with a Bosch sensor, still working after 3 seasons on the same sensor. Bought it from Ted.

Leaded fuel seems to kill them to. Not sure if you run race gas but some race fuels do contain lead. Just a thought. AEM always worked well with my autos

For anybody wanting to run a timer I found the DEI 528T for ~$15 will work great and let the sled warm up for 90 seconds before turning on the AEM gauge. Hopefully the sensor is hot and dry before seeing power now.

kinger said:
For anybody wanting to run a timer I found the DEI 528T for ~$15 will work great and let the sled warm up for 90 seconds before turning on the AEM gauge. Hopefully the sensor is hot and dry before seeing power now.

Where did you get this timer , how big is it ??

gunnerthesnowman said:
kinger said:

Where did you get this timer , how big is it ??

Got it on Ebay for $15 shipped and its about 1.5"x1.5"x1.5" tall

I got an AEM brand new last january, my apex mountain and although gauge worked and still work correctly, the plastic casing broke (vibration due to solid mounted engine???)

is there any replacement casing for that gauge or is it due to go to garbage?

Only rode 3 days with it.

Back