• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Acerbis handguards

Snakebit

Expert
After taking countless hits with ice off my buds track, I think I want to get some handguards. The Acerbis seem to be a good set, just need to know a couple things.

On a Vector:

How do they mount and do you need to move anything?

Do they hit anything on extreme left/right turns?

Best place to get them?

Thanks guys!

Im not sure about the Acerbis guards but I have the sporttech guards on my vector. They mounted right to the bar very easy to install. I have a low windshield and they dont get in the way at all. The stock windshield I think they would hit. I rode yesterday in sub zero weather. My hands didnt get cold once, im sure the guards had something to do with it. Well worth it.

A doo rider told me that he would rather have the Sportech's because the Acerbis are ALL plastic. I have the Sportech's and I mounted mine inside the warmer control pod - or toward the center of the bars.

Onlyonayammi said:
After taking countless hits with ice off my buds track, I think I want to get some handguards. The Acerbis seem to be a good set, just need to know a couple things.

On a Vector:

How do they mount and do you need to move anything?

Do they hit anything on extreme left/right turns?

Best place to get them?

Thanks guys!

I got a set of Power Madd ones for my vector. Everybody said those were the best ones. NEVER used them (brand new, still in the sealed blister pack) they are 4 sale for $40 + shipping Black /w silver in the center.
Only reason I did not use them is I've pretty much decided to get an 06 Apex.

Tork said:
I got a set of Power Madd ones for my vector. Everybody said those were the best ones. NEVER used them (brand new, still in the sealed blister pack) they are 4 sale for $40 + shipping Black /w silver in the center.
Only reason I did not use them is I've pretty much decided to get an 06 Apex.

That's a deal, I'd take em Onlyonayammi ;)

4Fighter said:
That's a deal, I'd take em Onlyonayammi ;)

Forgot what i paid for them because I bought my White Knuckle exhaust at the same time.

But to make sure it is a good deal $40 or 70% of list which ever is cheaper. Got the same red sled with the silver stripes as you Onlyonayammi, should look real good

Power madds are the way to go. The look a little cooler and they are adjustable without using tools. Plus they have an insert that pops out for those warm days.

What do you guys do when you want to put your cover on? Do they have a quick disconnect? I have a hard enough time putting my cover on, I can't imangine trying it with the gards on. I would like to put a set on though

Well you can't use your cover unless you have a mountain cover. I put powermadd guards and handlebar hooks on my vector and the cover doesn't even come close to fitting. The handlebar hooks are held in by a large allen screw so not so bad to take out but the hand guards would be too time consuming to take off everytime. I keep mine in the garage now.

well

if you put the handguards in the setting motst towards the center of the sled all you have to do is pivot the handgaurds so they are level and put your cover on. I have bar ends to but i take those out. the the regular vector cover will fit.

I'll have to try that! Do you have the black and blue custom cover?? I am thinking since I now have the low windshield that might help a little too.

Back