• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Act of "Goodwill" until the end of Feb.

Ditch Banger

I took my 07 phazer GT into the dealer to have its first oil change and inspection (1000 km). I came back in two hours to pick it up and to my suprise, there was a set of black louvers installed on the side of the machine. Before I could ask the deal about them he said, "we went a head and installed the side covers as an act of goodwill from Yamaha. With the on going problems of snow build-up on the running boards, Yamaha decided to issue an act of goodwill by paying for parts and labour to have them installed. But only until the end of Febuary." To my delight, I found out that my dealer had performed all of the other updates, changed the chain case oil, the engine oil and filter, replaced some broken and missing parts (rough trail riding) as well as giving me a sweat key chain for $150 Canadian.

I was not sure if anyone else had heard of this "Goodwill Gift" from Yamaha. :drink:

I took my 08 RTX in last week for the same check up .
It went in that morning and i picked it up before supper . had a oil change , chain case oil change, they looked over the whole machine ( bolts , wear and tear , all wires) tightened the track checked the engine( valves , timing chain , carbs)

I already have the shrouds for the running boards !

All this came to $200 Canadian .

BUT I DIDNT RECIEVE MY COOL KEY CHAIN !!! :whine: #$%&*

anyways really pleased with the service considering i didnt buy the RTX off them i picked it up in the states :hide:

:yam:

Thanks Peter !

yea my dealer is very good with parts along with other things .

I go to them for all my dirtbike needs .
Even my buddy that has a Honda goes to my Yamaha dealer for his parts now .

There cheaper and faster on delivery !

If i was to buy a new bike it would come right from them also .

Thanks Peter !

Ditch Banger said:
I took my 07 phazer GT into the dealer to have its first oil change and inspection (1000 km). I came back in two hours to pick it up and to my suprise, there was a set of black louvers installed on the side of the machine. Before I could ask the deal about them he said, "we went a head and installed the side covers as an act of goodwill from Yamaha. With the on going problems of snow build-up on the running boards, Yamaha decided to issue an act of goodwill by paying for parts and labour to have them installed. But only until the end of Febuary." To my delight, I found out that my dealer had performed all of the other updates (including the suspension bracket), changed the chain case oil, the engine oil and filter, replaced some broken and missing parts (rough trail riding) as well as giving me a sweat key chain for $150 Canadian.

I was not sure if anyone else had heard of this "Goodwill Gift" from Yamaha. :drink:
cool deal,mine's at the dealer too for the steering update,i'll ask them about the shrouds,thanks for info

I took my machine to Parkway Yamaha in Collingwood Ontario. It is right off highway 26, they are a good bunch of guys. Another dealer that I have had great success with is Mcgregor Sports in Bobcaygeon.

Cheers!

Mine goes in tomorrow for the steering update. Unfortunately its not the same dealership that I bought it from so this may have some affect on the "Good Will" thing. We will see. Mine was purchased from Parkway Yamaha as well.

Really doesn't matter what dealer you go to. Yamaha will pay for the side panels if you have ice coming in the footwells from the side.

They will also pay for a fan if you have overheating problems.

Just ask the dealer to install these items. Any decent dealer should be willing to do this.

SnofishersBuddy,

From some of your other posts I get the feeling you work at, or are a Yamaha dealer.

Does Yamaha USA have reference numbers for the fan and cold start upgrades? I was talking to my dealer today (I bought the sled in the USA) and he indicated that Yamaha USA has told him that if phazer owners are having overheating problems that they have to buy a fan. He talked to them last year. Maybe they have changed their policy since then.

Thanks

If it is a standard yes they have changed thier policy since last year they werent offering fan for Standard because wiring harness wouldnt accept one.Now they install wiring harness and fan.No cost.Do a search lots of info on this one.

Yes I am a service manager for a Dealer.

Yam USA will pay for your dealer to install a fan on any of the 07' Phazer's if their is an overheating problem. On the standards it is better to call and get a autho for the work. Otherwise on GT's and FX's your dealer can just submit a standard warranty claim for the parts and job.

SnofishersBuddy,

What about the snow guards for the side of the tunnel? Are those the same deal? Can the dealer submitt a warranty claim for them?

Steve

Back