• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Advice on Bergstrom triple points & snowtrackers

Thanks a lot for all the responses. I appreciate your offer teamblue4 but I needed to talk to him before ordering. I'm not sure if he has them for the new XTX for sure. Its just weird for me to not be able to talk with someone first.

How can he be so busy if he isn't taking orders???? Or I'm the unluckiest guy on the phone all day...can't figure that out. Why not hire a person or two for a couple months like the malls do for Christmas. Just a thought.

Anyway, I'm calling kimpex tomorrow to see about the aggressive snowtrackers. If that falls through I'll go to plan B once I come up with one. Maybe I'll get back to you teamblue4.

Anyway, are we in agreement on the aggressive snowtrackers versus the semi's ????

I met Scott Bergstrom at the Big East Show in Syracuse back in '99. He was great to deal with and I bought his carbides (with ski savers) for my SRX700. I was pleased with the performance of them.

Wanted to put a set on my '07 Phazer FX, but have not been able to get through by phone. Called for 5 days straight and nothing but busy signal. Not even an option to leave a message. It should not be this difficult to spend money. Seems to me if he is that busy, it would behoove him to hire help (even part time) or invest in a second phone line and take messages. He is losing business ($money) for sure. I'm a patient man but enough is enough.

Needless to say I now own a pair of the Stud Boy Shaper Bars.

:yam:

Agreed! If you sell the best chocolate chip cookies around but they're only on display through the window, what good are they?

jf

It took me at least 2 weeks to get through the busy signal and then a couple of no answers.

But when I did get through, Scott is good to talk with and he is not a pressure salesman. I was actually talked out of the full set up with Triple Points and instead he sent me the Ski savers and shims for very good price. I have not put them on yet but a tailgate fix - per his suggestions - with a 1/4 shim made a huge difference in my sled.

I am a one man shop in my specialties so I understand his reluctance to add a helper if he would have to answer all technical questions anyway.

From my conversation, he is in business but he also wants to help guys with their sled to further the sport. I was impressed and I am not a youngster.

Be patient, keep trying. He will answer your questions and he will treat you right.

I also had a few issues getting through to the Ski Tracker folks when the riding started all over the place this season. Instead, I ordered a set of the Dartless via eBay and am waiting on them also to test.

OK. Purchasing snowtrackers has gotten more difficult since the last time I bought them about 3 years ago. Does anyone know of a website where they can be purchased?

I called Kimpex and they said they are a distributor only. They wanted to know which sled I wanted them for. When I told them the 2011 Apex XTX he wasn't sure if they had them for my sled. He going to check and call me back. Of course, he never did. I did get a dealer name from him before hanging up...Al's snowmobile. i went on the website and can't find them on their website. I will try to call tomorrow, but was just wondering if anyone had a supplier they liked working with.

dfapexride said:
OK. Purchasing snowtrackers has gotten more difficult since the last time I bought them about 3 years ago. Does anyone know of a website where they can be purchased?

I just got a set. I am currently running Triple Points on Powder Pros Skis. Going to give Snowtrackers a try. Had a local cycle shop order them from the Kimpex catalog.

You can also try ordering them from Royal Distributing.

http://www.royaldistributing.com/main/

Attachments

• DSC01679.JPG
    DSC01679.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC01681.JPG
    DSC01681.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC01680.JPG
    DSC01680.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 116
Just put them on my SE yesterday. I have had both Semi and Agressive and both are great. I havn't studded my new APex yet so went with Semi but I would recommend Agressive if studded. Royal Distributing is a great source in Canada but not sure if shipping is as easy or cheap to the States. Almost 600 miles to date and raining here now so pray for more snow. Darts like crazy with factory carbides so Snowtrackers are sure to transform the handling. Bye the way the new SNowtracker Semi Agressive have an extra long wing at the rear. Fit is the same for 2011..

I just got a set. I am currently running Triple Points on Powder Pros Skis. Going to give Snowtrackers a try. Had a local cycle shop order them from the Kimpex catalog.

You can also try ordering them from Royal Distributing.

http://www.royaldistributing.com/main/[/quote]

I don't see them on the royal distributing catalog. I'm checking with my regular mechanic to see if he can order direct from kimpex. Thanks for the idea.

In the mean time, if anyone else knows of a fast and easy way to order these I'm open for ideas.

First ride with the aggressive Snowtrackers today. These things are the cats #*$&@! Absolutely ZERO darting. Steering effort was very easy as well. Most of my riding today was a groomed trail along the highway with a bit of groomed trails thru the bush. Not a lot of twistys but so far I am impressed with these.

With my Powder Pros with shims, ski savers and Bergstrom 8" triple points I still noticed some darting. Steering effort was quite a bit with that setup and after a days riding my shoulders would typically be sore. My shoulders are fine today.

Back