• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Are SnowTrackers really "Dangerous"?

Beware of virgin RR tracks crossings. I recently got bucked off after trouble free 5000 miles on Aggressive STs. It was at night and I don't see well at night and thought I was on a road crossing at tracks. Oh well went air born with right foot still locked in the foot well and when I came too it was wtf just happened?????? I got up and I was looking straight down the tracks wondering what the hell?... why did I ride down these rails????.... lol...I know better than that! My buddy was asking me if I was all right and I said IDK?... lol.... I got myself together rode to the gas station and regrouped got my head clear went out and checked the sled A arms and steering and everything aok. We rode the remaining 100 miles but it took me awhile to trust the front end again...maybe 15 miles and I was rocking again. I know about STs and RR tracks but still happened to me and I found out my bud with same sled and STs got bucked at the same exact spot. lol I luv my STs on my Apex XTX and I can't imagine a better carbide set up for stock single keel skis but beware of Virgin RR tracks. Other than that nothing at all to fear when set up correctly best carbide set up for Apex on the market!

Hi Whitedust I'm curious to know how the STs held up after hit the railway tracks, I wonder about the thin fins bending. Really like my new to me STs it's like a new sled to me.

Hi Whitedust I'm curious to know how the STs held up after hit the railway tracks, I wonder about the thin fins bending. Really like my new to me STs it's like a new sled to me.[
Everything was fine nothing was bent. I had Pats check zero tow to make sure. I wasn’t going very fast but the buck off was super violent so unexpected! I was wearing sixsixone with spine protection so my upper body was fine but my locked in leg knee was on fire. I had a hinged knee brace on so came out just fine. I was a bit disoriented probably had the wind knocked out of me. I was more pissed than hurt worried about my sled like you asked was anything bent and still had long ride to trailer. Both me and my Apex xtx were unharmed.

Both my brother and I run Semi Aggressive Snow trackers. We just spent 4 days on Lake Nokomis Sledding . Each time we came off the lake we had to cross tracks . By the end of the 4 th day the tracks were completely bare. In the 8/12 times we crossed the tracks we never had a problem... I just installed the Aggressive on one of my sleds and they sure look like a huge chunk of metal LOL :eek: Hoping it goes well ......

I was with whitedust when the trackers caught the RR Tracks and knocked him off. At this spot the tracks are on a 45 degree angle from the feeder trail we were on. That and the fact that the RR tracks really aren't used anymore and were covered in snow so you really couldn't see them are the main reasons he got knocked off. If the tracks were on a 90 degree angle it wouldn't have happened. On top of that I KNEW about this spot and didn't mention to him ahead of time. I'm the one who whitedust was referring to when he said he knew someone else who it happened to. It only happened to me once ! ;) Never again! It really needs to be a certain combination of circumstances where you need to be careful. Otherwise I very much recommend the trackers. I have aggressive sets on all of my sleds included my venture GT with Power steering.

Had a chance to do 280km on my newly purchased agressive snow tracker and I love them m

Handles amazing on trails, pavement, and even gravel driveways and ice. The only thing is you better keep your hands on the bars in deep snow but yeh I would recomend these 4 sure...

Just wondering if you lighten up the ski pressure as per the instructions?

Just wondering if you lighten up the ski pressure as per the instructions?
How do i do that? The only thing i did is lengthen the travel in the transfer rod to almost max travel

Ok but you are loosing rear suspension travel by going to max on the transfer rod, not so good for trail riding.

What I have found out on ty is to loosen ski shock springs till spring is loose than tighten one turn to keep the spring in place, this should get your arms close to level, front of sled must be off the ground to do this and also front strap in rear suspension as long as possible, this should give you the lightest ski pressure possible. I have fox floats so I lower the psi till the arms are close to level.

I have also read on here that just past half way towards max transfer works good with the aggressive snow trackers, I have not played with my transfer rod yet but mine is at the stock half way mark and so far so good.

Snow trackers are like the split rail skis for the nytro, the least weight you put on them the better they work.

I have had tjhem for 2 years semi ones on my ,07 gt only issue I notice is in crusty snow conditions the can be tricky and in reaslly wet snow you can feel the drag more than others but they improve the sled so much easy to steer like power steering and goes were you turn it

Back