• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Error 43 no start

Can you find another Nytro to install your ECU in to test it? You can send it to me for testing but it would save you shipping costs if you found someone locally. I still think it's a wire harness issue but it's easy enough to test the ECU in a running Nytro.

Can you find another Nytro to install your ECU in to test it? You can send it to me for testing but it would save you shipping costs if you found someone locally. I still think it's a wire harness issue but it's easy enough to test the ECU in a running Nytro.
Thanks for your offer. I have checked everything possible wiring wise and the machine runs fine with the relay bypassed. I’m sure the way ECU is damaged.

The more that I think about it, I think I might know the cause of what happened.

I had the battery disconnected as I was fixing the exhaust. I did a few small tack welds on the exhaust as I was building the flex pipes, and that must have fried the ECU. I’m guessing they’re not very protected against things like that. Its a shame and not something that’s happened to me before tack welding exhausts on cars but I don’t see any other reason that it could have happened.

Whereabouts are you in Canada? My son has an '10 Nytro and I could test your ECU if you're nearby.

If you had the ground clamp hooked right where you were welding, then it is unlikely you damaged anything, but I could be wrong!

I've probably welded a few hundred various vehicles in my lifetime and never unhook the battery or anything else electrical. I always clamp right where I weld. Never had an issue.
I wish you luck, sometimes electrical problems can be very frustrating.

If you had the ground clamp hooked right where you were welding, then it is unlikely you damaged anything, but I could be wrong!

I've probably welded a few hundred various vehicles in my lifetime and never unhook the battery or anything else electrical. I always clamp right where I weld. Never had an issue.
I wish you luck, sometimes electrical problems can be very frustrating.
Yup, me too, and yup the ground was right where I was welding as you mentioned. It doesn't make sense but I have no other explanation.

Yup, me too, and yup the ground was right where I was welding as you mentioned. It doesn't make sense but I have no other explanation.
I always remove the ECU before welding on theses sleds...... and I've done a lot of welding on them.

Hi guys,

I recently got a 08 Nytro which ran perfectly and took it apart to rebuild the entire exhaust system. I did all that, and at the same time changed the spark plugs to brand new OEM. I didn't touch any other wiring except for disconnecting the battery.

Today, I put the fuel tank back in and wanted to fire it up to make sure everything was good.

Cranks and cranks and cranks, but no fire. I noticed that the fuel pump does not prime upon key on as it normally did before. I checked voltage at the fuel pump connector and for 3-4 seconds after key on it supplies battery voltage to the pump, as you would expect for it to prime, but the pump doesn't do anything.

I wired battery power directly to the pump and it pumps fine and makes pressure. I kept it manually connected and tried cranking over the sled, and still NOTHING! It cranked and cranked and cranked and flashed error 43 on the dash but didn't start. WTF?

It still has the old black style fuel pump relay in it, but I don't see how that makes any difference after being connected directly to 12v.

I checked the 10A fuse in the starter solenoid and it checked out good.

Not sure what to look for next.
Install a new battery even if urs reads good it will runs fine

If the battery is older than 6 months holds a good charge reads fine replace it 90 percent of my issues every year with the nytro was cause I didn't buy a new battery yes I replaced the battery every winter even if it sat on a charger all summer

Just an update to this, no, the battery was not the problem and never was.

I replaced the ecu with another one and the machine is fine now. As soon as I plugged it in fuel pump primed as normal and no more code. ECU got borked from the tack welds, plain and simple

Back