• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Age old question. What motor oil, if any besides YamaLube Semi 0W-30, won't void warranty?

I also have used Mobil 1

Relatively cheap and readily available

Good to hear. I bought a whole lot of that oil for under $7 CAD
After doing a lot of research, switched both my sleds to Mobil 1 0-40 European formula, if you watch your CT flyer you can get it for around $26 a jug on sale, that's a great deal.

Mobil 0-40 European since new on both of mine, the only reason for the JASO-ma spec is for the one way roller clutch on the starter assembly I've been told.

Mobil 0-40 European since new on both of mine, the only reason for the JASO-ma spec is for the one way roller clutch on the starter assembly I've been told.
And with it only being electronic start, is that really something you want to mess with

While under warranty use the Yamaha oil and filter, when your warranty is up use whatever is the cheapest if you like long as it meets or exceeds Yamaha's specs for your motor, one thing though... I have seen Yamaha cover their engines or at least cover all the parts needed for the cost of a engine failure long after the warranty is up. if the proven history on the engine that the customer used Yamalube oil and filters, as a customer you just pay the shop fee for work done, seen this happen a few times with Yamaha, after market oil and filters after warranty Yamaha will not touch you, Yamaha offers a 120000 mile warranty on there ATV- SXS engines, as long as you sign up and use Yamalube oil and filters and follow their service times.

Rotella T6 full synthetic or Mobile One 0-40. My dealer straight up told me that those are great choices.

What you need to remember is that the manufacturers do not make there own oil or fluids. Case in point: I have a few Polaris quads with the Hillard front differentials. The dealer insists that you use their $20/liter Demand Drive fluid. Spent a few moments on the Hilliard Corporation website and they recommend UTF (Universal Transmission Fluid) which sells for $12/ 4 liters. If the guys that make the parts for Polaris and the US government recommend it, good enough for me. No issues in 10 years and at about an 7th the price.

Back