• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

air box??

once you take the cover off of the airbox, you will see three rubber plugs. there are torx screws holding the airbox to the throttle bodies - cant remember what size they are, but that's what holds it on (plus the rubber stap in the front and a couple of hoses. it's easier to take the crews out of the sensors on the top rear of the airbox then to get the hoses back on. there is a couple of breather hoses you will have to take off as well.

I had these saved for when I took mine off the first time. I found it easier to take the oil breather hose off of the oil tank and to just feed it through the hole. I also (maybe too cautious) numbered the wires and hoses and the plugs on the air box to make sure i had put them all back.

Attachments

• Air Box Removal 2.jpg
    Air Box Removal 2.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Air Box Removal 1.jpg
    Air Box Removal 1.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 84
woolyviper said:
once you take the cover off of the airbox, you will see three rubber plugs. there are torx screws holding the airbox to the throttle bodies - cant remember what size they are, but that's what holds it on (plus the rubber stap in the front and a couple of hoses. it's easier to take the crews out of the sensors on the top rear of the airbox then to get the hoses back on. there is a couple of breather hoses you will have to take off as well.

So are you saying it is possible to unscrew the sensors rather than unplug them? I had the airbox off to install new bushings in the steering pivot and didn't find it too difficult - also removed the big hose from the tank rather than from the airbox like suggested. I didn't do it but I think it might be good to cover the throttle body openings after removing the airbox to prevent any dust/debris getting in there.

I did the same bomba just to make sure my air box had over flow or run off on bottom that had no hose is that how it is supposed to be? need to check these over before posting thanks ruckus

Back