• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Air/Fuel Mixture Gauge Blinking E-4 (help)

Error 4- Pump cell circuit open
Cause-1. Damaged cable or DIN
connector not fully seated

2. Sensor heater calibration
incorrect

Fix 1. Verify DIN connector is fully
seated into unit. Repair/replace
cable.
2. Perform complete heater
calibration (not just free air
calibration). See section 4.6

Also, if you need a new sending unit for the 02 sensor, DO NOT GO THROUGH MPI. I had to replace my sensor and MPI wanted double what I got it for from AutoZone.

Bosch # for unit is17014 NGK does make a replacement. I do not have the crossover # but I,m sure the auto zone can cross reference for you ;)!

Sounds right, the general autoshops are usually cheaper than the tuning shops :)

where can i get one in canada?or one that will stand up to race fuel.mine craped out after 2 days running 50/50 mix.

venom - are you running leaded race fuel? Sensors life span are wastly shortened if ran on leaded fuels.

In Canada you could get the sensor from FJO Racing Products in Winnipeg. Their partno for the Bosch sensor is SO20004, price in USD is $70.75

http://www.fjoracing.com/pricelist.php

rxrider i'm running vp c 111 which is leaded.rode a all last year on pump gas and not a prob.this year 3 days with 50/50 mix and it's toast.
THANKS
anybody try the ntk sensors?on fjo's web site it tells u that the bocsh sensor is not for use with leaded fuel.not much point in buying a bosch.
THANKS

I had error 4 , I was told that I had a bad ground , by Philipe' at Innovate ,
He said my ground had to be on the engine , I added a ground from the engine to the chassis ,
same problem , then he said the gauge was seeing cranking voltage ,intermittent voltage during crank, the gauge is seeing it, going into calibration mode , I changed mine over to voltage after start and , all ok ***

venom said:
rxrider i'm running vp c 111 which is leaded.rode a all last year on pump gas and not a prob.this year 3 days with 50/50 mix and it's toast.
THANKS
anybody try the ntk sensors?on fjo's web site it tells u that the bocsh sensor is not for use with leaded fuel.not much point in buying a bosch.
THANKS

Myself and lots of our customers are running the NTK's with race fuel (BPE is a FJO distributor) They work very well. I don't think the FJO NTK is plug and play for your gauge. I'll check with FJO in the morning and confirm for you.

Back