• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

AIR INTAKE

MAMILLA

Extreme
HAS ANYONE PUT AN AFTERMARKET INTAKE OR JUST DID SOMETHING THEIR SELFS ON THERE NYTRO. I RIDE IN A LOT OF POWDER SO I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF INTAKE TO GET. I LIVE IN UTAH

MAMILLA

I bought an air intake kit off ebay from Fix Power Sports. It was 250.00 shipped. I think is works great. If I were to do it again I would buy 3 K&N filters, 3 outwears, and 2 small filters one for the vacuum line and another for the breather line. I removed the OEM filter box and covered (with mess screen) all vents to prevent snow entering into engine compartment. It created a lot of space with the box out. Why do you want to put an aftermark kit on? Are you looking to increase performance? Have you looked at Supercharg or Turbo's? If you want to increase performance and money doesn't allow you to boost your sled I have a few recommendations. I have two Nytro's one with MPI supercharge w/ a lot of mod and another that has clutching, pipe, air filter kit, and rear tamer suspension w/ a self-mod tunnel. I have over $20000.00 in my boosted sled and between 3000 and 4000 in my other sled. My non boosted sled does great and is fun to ride. I have hartman clutching and exhaust, air filter, self-mod tunnel and rear tamer suspension in the sled. If you want more info let me know.

Re: MAMILLA

croc79 said:
I bought an air intake kit off ebay from Fix Power Sports. It was 250.00 shipped. I think is works great. If I were to do it again I would buy 3 K&N filters, 3 outwears, and 2 small filters one for the vacuum line and another for the breather line. I removed the OEM filter box and covered (with mess screen) all vents to prevent snow entering into engine compartment. It created a lot of space with the box out. Why do you want to put an aftermark kit on? Are you looking to increase performance? Have you looked at Supercharg or Turbo's? If you want to increase performance and money doesn't allow you to boost your sled I have a few recommendations. I have two Nytro's one with MPI supercharge w/ a lot of mod and another that has clutching, pipe, air filter kit, and rear tamer suspension w/ a self-mod tunnel. I have over $20000.00 in my boosted sled and between 3000 and 4000 in my other sled. My non boosted sled does great and is fun to ride. I have hartman clutching and exhaust, air filter, self-mod tunnel and rear tamer suspension in the sled. If you want more info let me know.

what are the dimensions for the k&n's , i can buy all three from a parts store for cost . that is about 200$ less then what they cost on the Internet .

unfortunately i can't figure out exactly how long they should be , diameter should be the size of the throttle body boots .

anyway if you could take measurements of yours it would br greatly appreciated . or a part number as well .

Well there is a few problem with just buying filters and throwing them on. I had the ulmer kit on my sled and even though it does not seem like a big project it would have been a pain if I just bought the filters.
Two reasons why you can't just slap some filters on:
1. The throttle boodies are pointed up a little bit so you need a filter that has a 90 degree bend at where it connects to throttle body.
2. The size of the filter has to be large enough to alow all that air to the 1049cc motor.

The ulmer kit had some "special" adapters to allow you to connect the filters to the throttle body. I would just leave the stock air box on... the HP gain will not be enough for the time it would take to make some filter work. my .02

Re: MAMILLA

bradthebest said:
croc79 said:

what are the dimensions for the k&n's , i can buy all three from a parts store for cost . that is about 200$ less then what they cost on the Internet .

unfortunately i can't figure out exactly how long they should be , diameter should be the size of the throttle body boots .

anyway if you could take measurements of yours it would br greatly appreciated . or a part number as well .

I'll take some measurements and get back to you. It's really not that difficult to install, just time and patients. I like having the air box out because it takes up so much space in the engine compartment. Yes, it not going to be used for other things but it allows more air flow around the engine. There's a picture of the filter I bought off ebay or at fix power sports this will give you an idea on how to install it.
any more questions please ask?

thanks , dimensions and a picture of the set up in the sled if your feeling really generous .

i understand i will probably have to do some adapting , its not a big deal to me im a hd mechanic i do stuff like this every day of my life .

im sure i could figure out what i need but if you have filters that you know work it takes some guess work out of it .

bradthebest said:
thanks , dimensions and a picture of the set up in the sled if your feeling really generous .

i understand i will probably have to do some adapting , its not a big deal to me im a hd mechanic i do stuff like this every day of my life .

im sure i could figure out what i need but if you have filters that you know work it takes some guess work out of it .

It will take me about a week. I've been busy. I'll try to get it to you soon.
later

Back