• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GAP cold air intake question.

I ran mine on groomed trails and lakes in upstate NY. I checked it a few times with no snow build at all in the air box. Stock intake is open but I also ride the back of the pack, so not much snowdust......SS

That makes sense to me. I might try blocking the low pressure area of the stock intake and try that. Need to figure out a way to put a better screen on the stock intake as well to prevent the snow/ice buildup I had last year.
I’m gonna get some measurements and see if a frogskin will fit the screen, thanks for your pic,

That makes sense to me. I might try blocking the low pressure area of the stock intake and try that. Need to figure out a way to put a better screen on the stock intake as well to prevent the snow/ice buildup I had last year.
I think Frogzskin would work.

I ran the GAP intake most of last season. We did a long weekend trip and noticed I was down on boost at bit. After I got back I opened up the airbox and found this in my airbox. 100% trail so must have been all the snow dust kicked up from following the sleds in my group.

View attachment 164030
Moral of the story is - gotta be leading lol.

I run the overpriced peice of plastic also..lol
Fits nice and gives a oem look.
I can't really comment on performance since I had many changes to my sled.

I was told the ram air is good for an extra lb of boost

I do not understand why someone has made an out of the hood air intake that does not like an ugly chimney? One that follows the hood better?

Back