• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Align secondary drive shaft

Koebes

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Venture Multipurpose
Do I have to align the secondary drive shaft somehow? put in a good used gearbox of a Phazer in my MP and reused the MP's longer drive shaft. Now I just wonder is there is some way to center the position of the bearing towards the secondary variator pulley side?

As far as I know, there is no adjustment for the jackshaft (this is what you are talking about? The shaft from the reverse gear box to the secondary). Secondary sheave offset is adjusted using shims. As far as I know from the manual, distance is not adjustable, but I may be wrong on that.

Do you have a concern that the shaft is not centered or straight? Is the secondary clutch not straight?

Jep, jackshaft was the word I did not find in my head this morning :) No concerns, just wondering. Shaft turns nice but as the bearing is not really aligned with the gearbox and the long shaft is certainly haning down at the secondary clutch side I thought it might need some centering. Cranked the sled up after this major service and it seems to work fine. I will have to adjust the secondary clutch I think. With the track lifted in the air, the track is turning rather fast, especially backwards. Will read the manual later on. Didn't have the manual in the shop and I wanted to test it at least. Now I need to find some snow to test it a bit over the weekend.

Back