• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

All I want for Feb 25th is.......

Vmax540

Expert
Website
www.vintagevmax.com
A sled (insert name) that is between the Phazer and Vector/Rage.

-4 stroke, 3cyl., 6-700cc, 100-120Hp.
-Phazer like chassis/suspension
-Wind protection hopefully a fairing and not the ughly.... Fourwheeler style windshield/headlight !
-128 to 136" track.
-A Real storage compartment.
-A soft seat.
- Sorry guys but, it could be a front dump exhaust don't want to deal with the icing/heat/weight/space taking issues of a rear exhaust.
-Electronic reverse ?
-Max. of 500lbs without Fuel.
-7-8500$
- :)

Vmax540 said:
A sled (insert name) that is between the Phazer and Vector/Rage.

-Electronic reverse ?

- :)
Unless Yamaha is magic 4 strokes can't run backwards like a 2-smoke can.......

Even on a 2-smoke, I wouldn't go near a backwards spinning reverse. Too much extra junk required for the secondary clutch to work, and UNRELIABLE!!!

And WTH is a "fourwheeler style windshield/headlight"? Last I checked, fourwheelers DONT HAVE WINDSHIELDS (unless you add it yourself), and have headlights mounted at the front of the fenders.
07grizzly4004x4_blue_3_dd5c707e.jpg

LazyBastard said:
Even on a 2-smoke, I wouldn't go near a backwards spinning reverse. Too much extra junk required for the secondary clutch to work, and UNRELIABLE!!!
I disagree, Doo has been doing it for what 6 years now? Then when Polaris sued them over the rear skid issue Doo gave them the rights for it in their settlement.

reverse

All the Doo's and Polaris's stall out and then restart everytime they go from forward to reverse and back to forward. Thats they way it works.

I filled out a yamaha survey a little while ago that listed an 80-110hp class of snowmobile so you know its coming... just not in 08. The current race sled is what we'll get since there will only be one new model every year. As for the sled in between the phazer and the vector, I'll bet this is what it looks like...

Attachments

• pic_0005-006.jpg
    pic_0005-006.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 104
1. A 120 for the kids that looks like a big yammie.
2 A new lighter 120/130 hp sled.
3Better wheels.
4 Quiet tracks.
5Built in GPS / outside temp gage.
6 Even better skis.

I know, dream on.. MM.

Good thread VMAX540. I want a nice clean design not a dirtbike look like phaser. Quiet power. No rear exhaust. Fuel injection. Decent mirrors. Luugage rack and fully articulating backrest. Hand warmers that work. An accessable engine compartment. A skid design that doesn't eat hyfax. I could go on and on!

I would like to see a Phazer type sled with a fuel injected vector motor with a true 130 hp, a 136 inch skid which had a dual shock setup and torsion springs that had a smooth ride like the mono but could have the adjustment to ride it hard in the rough weekend moguls, a set of easy turning skis that had dual keels and were very aggressive, good wind protection for body and hands, both height adjustable and articulating riser block, HOT handwarmers, and weigh in at a respectable 510-520 dry.

Matt

Amen.......... ! :)
studdog said:
Good thread VMAX540. I want a nice clean design not a dirtbike look like phaser. Quiet power. No rear exhaust. Fuel injection. Decent mirrors. Luugage rack and fully articulating backrest. Hand warmers that work. An accessable engine compartment. A skid design that doesn't eat hyfax. I could go on and on!

Id like to see the 130hp vector motor in the apex chasis, with good wheels and a new skis design!

Back