• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

All of this talk about gas mileage - what is normal?

mdkuni

TY 4 Stroke Guru
There have been several posts regarding gas mileage, and the numbers have been all over the board. What is normal? I am getting around 13mpg on my Apex. Would most of you consider this normal. I have seen numbers in the mags reporting 18...

13 to 18 I would consider normal the more fun you have the more fuel you use. You must have lots of fun on your sled! ;)! Doing the kind of stuff like in your avatar is not good on the gas mileage, but man is it fun!! ;)!

Sled Dog said:
13 to 18 I would consider normal the more fun you have the more fuel you use. You must have lots of fun on your sled! ;)! Doing the kind of stuff like in your avatar is not good on the gas mileage, but man is it fun!! ;)!

:Rockon: It is worth every penny!

Wouldn't want to ride any other way. I am mainly asking because of gas prices, but there is no way I am slowing down to 20 and taking 50 mile trips.

I averaged 17 the last trip I took on my Attak and I wasn't just sight seeing either :flag:

15 MPG, Same as old 03 rx-1's and 04 Warrior on high speed and avg trailriding.

I'm not really sure what mine is..All I know is its better than a 2000Srx700..Where each fill-up I'm putting in 5-7 dollars less money...Ha Ha HA HA...Thats what I do to my friend each time..Its freekin hillarious..Don't even get me started on a 2005 Arctic crap crossfire.. I am on half a tank when its empty...That would REALLY suck.. Its a lil annoying having to search out gas stations when I'm riding with that guy..LOL HA HA HA SUCKA

I get between 14 and 17 on my Apex. My 03 RX-1 gets 17 to 19 m.p.g. but has 7500 + miles on it. Should see slight improvement on the Apex as the miles increase.

15 - 17 here also, the deeper and faster the more fuel. The worst was just less than 13, half of that tank in deep stuff, ;)! for the midweat that is not deep for you mountain men. :ORC

Yamadoo :4STroke:

AVG. 15-17

I like my riding buddies Doo 2 stroke that isn't even oil injected. I ride up to the pump, swipe my card, gas up, and done in 5 minutes.(awesome when it's 20 below) Him, he's doing fricken science experiments with measuring bottles for the right oil to gas ratio. 15 minutes later and he's ready.

Ahhhhhh......modern technology.

I never really kept track of mileage but I would run from bethany to gooderham and back and average about 20 bux when i was behaving, about 30 or so when i was on it 1/2-3/4 tank around 120 mile round trip

Back