• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

All The Yamaha's Wouldn't Start

CaptCaper said:
copo427ss said:
i work for a honda dealer now. they just sent us an update to cold as starting thier fuel injected atv's. one is run a thinner oil, and when starting they said to hold the throttle wide open while cranking, then while still cranking, slowly let off the throttle til it fires then imediatlly let off the throttle. dont know if it would work with yammies or not though.

Yami's have Fuel Injection. That Honda may have carbs ..

i wrote the FUEL INJECTED atv's.

I was told the coolant heaters won't work due to the computer thinking the engine is actually warmer than it really is...something like that.....

I would think a block heater might be the only thing that would work...besides the auto starter. My battery had plenty of juice, just not enough spin....

Budweiser said:
I was told the coolant heaters won't work due to the computer thinking the engine is actually warmer than it really is...something like that.....

I would think a block heater might be the only thing that would work...besides the auto starter. My battery had plenty of juice, just not enough spin....

Why is that?

The inline heater will circulate the coolant in the engine loop warming up the block. You will need to connect it to a 110/220V source tho :)

Budweiser said:

Yeah the SledStart will help with this guys...
Got quite a few guys who have oreded for this reason. I just talked to one guy and the magic number for him on his Apex was -28 and she would not start.
The tempature mode or timer mode on the SledStart keep heat in the motor and it plugs right into Rocks kit so the handwarmers are baking too before you go ride! ;)!
More info here:
www.sledstart.com

Thanks!

SD

rxrider said:
Why is that?

The inline heater will circulate the coolant in the engine loop warming up the block. You will need to connect it to a 110/220V source tho :)
Not sure of the details. I've asked different dealers and they all told me not to do it.

Something about the computer thinks the engine is a certain temp, so it supplies that amount of fuel when really the engine is at a much lower temp so it needs more or less fuel......After rereading that I don't think I have a clue why!!! I'm sure the reason why is here somewhere. I know it has to do with the fuel injection. ;)!

Nice web site SnowDog. Good luck!

Ok, understood :)

Back