• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Allen screws to replace philips float bowl screws 2004 RX

I did some digging and it looks like no one actually posted the right kind of allen head screw to get to replace the stock ones. It looks like Stainless steel 12 m4 70 is the ones to get can anyone confirm this?

I used to get them at lowes for the old mikinu carbs, but don't know if these are the same, but those where 4 mm by what ever length you needed. maxdlx

100 would be enough for 6 sleds, to bad the shipping would kill a guy

I believe the 12MM is too long for some of the spots on the carbs. 2 can be 12mm, but the other 2 have be shorter. The local autoparts store only had 12mm or 6mm I am thinking an 8mm or 10mm would be better.

I know.. but 12mm you were speaking of will be too long at least they are for 2 out of the 4 holes on each carb on my 03... stock are 10mm I do believe. Stock screws from yamaha are $.65 each .. Your dealer has quite the mark up...

I replaced the screws on my wifes sled with some #2 stainless metric screws from my local mom-n-pop hardware for .23 cents apiece, the head was a little larger but they worked just fine.
:4STroke: :yam: :rocks:

4mm X 0.7pitch X 10mm long
I put the hex head in stainless. Got them at Ace Hardware.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

SnoWarrior said:
4mm X 0.7pitch X 10mm long
I put the hex head in stainless. Got them at Ace Hardware.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Thanks I was very surprised to see this info was not readily available for anyone who wanted to change them.

True but thats really not readily available or easy to find in a search. I was searching for float bowl screw replacement and it did not come up. I am thinking more as in the tech pages so it is easy to find.

Back