• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where do these screws go?

Vandelay Industries

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro XTX
Just finished changing the top gear in my chaincase to the DMC heavy duty gear. These four small screws were left in the parts tray at the end of the job. They are 3/8 long, Phillips. Anyone recognize them and where they go?
A hint: There was some little bits of aluminum on the threads of the screws.
received_435857454853330.jpeg

Do you have a "buddy" "helping" you? Playing a joke on you, no i have not seen anything like that eather. Working on a gear swap as i speak, so will look closer, if i find anything will report it.

I just opened up my chaincase and replaced top gear with DMC 22. I can assure you those did not come stock on a sidewinder.

I just put my buddy's chaincase back together. Nothing takes those screws. On a winder

Just finished changing the top gear in my chaincase to the DMC heavy duty gear. These four small screws were left in the parts tray at the end of the job. They are 3/8 long, Phillips. Anyone recognize them and where they go?
A hint: There was some little bits of aluminum on the threads of the screws.

Maybe someone replace the 4 torx screws that holds the plastic over the gas tank with those?

If I'm thinking of the ones you're referring to, those are the 4 screws that go into the spars holding the gas tank in; well those spars are steel not aluminum. So if you say they had aluminum on them, they couldn't have come from the "dash".

Someone is messing with, never seen these screws on a winder

Back