• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

alll 2007 Yamaha Phazers to be recalled?

FreezerBurnt

Extreme
Yamaha Recalls PZ50 Snowmobiles

October 16, 2007
Yamaha is rcalling its 2007 model year PZ50 snowmobiles. Snow and ice stuck around the steering idler arm can cause a loss of steering ability, posing a risk of injury and death to drivers and passengers.

This recall involves all model year 2007 PZ50 snowmobiles, including PZ50W (Phazer), PZ50FXW (Phazer FX), PZ50GTW (Phazer GT), PZ50MW (Phazer Mountain Lite), and PZ50VTW (Venture Lite) model snowmobiles.

The snowmobiles were sold by Yamaha dealers nationwide from June 2006 through September 2007 for between $7,000 and $8,000. They were made in Japan.

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled snowmobiles and contact an authorized Yamaha snowmobile dealer in their area to schedule a free repair. Registered owners were sent direct mail notification of this recall.

Consumer Contact: For additional information and to locate a Yamaha snowmobile dealer, contact Yamaha at (800) 962-7926, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.yamaha-motor.com.

The recall is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).

It is nice to see yamaha reconignize this :yam:

Sweet a recall on the Phazer to deal with along to go with the wife's Rhino. I am sure the Yamaha dealer will enjoy seeing my face.

FB, wtf you doing on a Yamaha site? lol

Anyways, I guess I take my sled to the crapiest dealer in the world again, Sudbury Cylcle and Marine

I will go there and complain that only half of my grease fittings take grease, and of course they will brush it off and make me fix it myself again!

Awsome, can't wait to see them again!!

If you take it to the dealer, they will address those issues, complaining on this site will do nothing for your sled.

Mr. Sled
I don't mean to make this a gripe session, and trust me, my sled has spent ALOT of time at my wonderful local dealer and I have logged a good amount of phone time with Yamaha Customer service. I guess what I'm interested in is a recall on those issues they know about, rather than addressing them on a person to person basis.

I know Yamaha reps read the threads on this site as they themselves have referenced it to me. I'm hoping they see these issues and it provokes some preemptive service rather than addressing a broken sled. The season is too short for my sled to be tied up again.

Wouldnt it be nice if for once the Dealer called the sled owners up and said hey a issue has come up and Yamaha has a fix for it bring your sled in and we will take care of it.Recalls are for safety issues i.e. they have no choice but to fix it.The other issues are where it would be so nice to get the call.Maybe I am dreaming though.

How ironic you say that cannondale. My dealer called me Sunday night 10/14 to inform me of a recall on all Phazers. I didn't read about the recall till Tuesday 10/16. Maybe were not dreaming.

alot of warranty and recall word depends strictly on ur dealer. my cousin use to work for a local dealer that i cant stand. he told me befor that he would actually get a bonus if he could find a reason to refuse the warranty work after he had already done it cause the dealer could charge more then what they would get for warranting it. which is one of the reasons i dont like the dealership and not lookin forward to bringing my sled in for any warranty work and its the only dealer with in an hr and half. my boss has personally covered a fix that normaly wouldnt have and then went out and found one of the new sleds or lawnmower or chainsaw what ever it would be and warranty a defective part on it just kept the part one and sold the unit for a little less to cover for the fix he did for the customer. at the time hes not making out but in the long hall when that person comes and buys a new unit he is.

so it relay all depends on ur dealer they might cover the fixes to keep ur buisness or they might just say F U like the one in my town does.

warranty and recall are two different things. Yes, a lot depends on the dealer, but warranty work costs them money too. It is the same in all industries (auto, sled, wheeler, boat, etc). I just had my new (last spring) tractor go in for it's fall service and was asked how I like the seat. If I complaind about it, it would be changed. If not, they would leave it. There's upgrades to the phazer, but some you have to ask for. I'm sure there are lots of people out there that don't have the problem.

Just in case you never noticed, the recall info is on the US site only, not on Canada's. Will call my local dealer with the recall number #08-505 and see what they say.Before any Canuck's go to their local dealer and get into a pissing match regarding this, be aware that just because it's a recall in the US, doesn't mean your dealer will even know about it, since many recalls are the result of a lawsuit. Example, Red Nose Mary in Alaska goes out on a lake, gets some water/slush splashed up onto the steering arms, parks the machine, and takes off an hour later when the slush froze, crashing straight into the smokehouse. She sues and the manufacturer is advised to alter the design so it helps solve the problem.It never happened in Canada, so they are not involved in the US event/system.
My local dealer is a great guy, and has nothing yet on it here, and probably won't.

Anyone hear yet what the frozen steering recall fix entails? Will it be just a couple caulking tubes of black silicone filling all the gaps in the plastic to frame and all the holes?

I can't imagine what else they could do without spending a pile of $$$.

Post it when you hear.

Here you go, right from the Yamaha Canada blog.

Attachments

• recall-letter.jpg
    recall-letter.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 204

Back