• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Alternate skid

Weapon X

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Anyone tried different skids to see if they fit like F7 skid or a narrowed sc10 doo skid in their tunnels ?

Pretty much any skid could be narrowed pretty easy and bolted in. Though I'd have to ask why? With properly valved shocks the Phazer skid preforms pretty dang good. I just rode 50 miles of the nastiest trail ever and my phazer out performed an IQ Shift 136 and a Renegade XP in that stuff, the other 2 riders agreed, then again I had to pump my float up to 90psi in the center position to keep it from bottoming. The only thing I DON'T like about the Phazer skid is that it transfers weight WAY too easy causing wheelies and inside ski lift with too little throttle which is great for bumps but sucks for cornering.

I have schmidt bros valving its not bad ride in the rough I'm getting tired of breaking rails twice a year and I want longer skid also.

Where are the rails cracking? I wonder if my MTX rails are beefier due to the length. IQ skids seem to crack, SC4/5 seem pretty durable, Firecat skids are durable also. ZX2 gets m vote if you have the cash.

Did some reading myself Curt, If I were to pick it would be the ZX2 skid. But shocks in the skid are my next priority!!
BlueIronRanger.....sounds like me last weekend. I was on like Donkey Kong and riding like it. EVEN THO I thought my shock was pooched when I found a broken bolt in the skid :)
Sorry to hi-jack Curt

blueironranger said:
Pretty much any skid could be narrowed pretty easy and bolted in. Though I'd have to ask why? With properly valved shocks the Phazer skid preforms pretty dang good. I just rode 50 miles of the nastiest trail ever and my phazer out performed an IQ Shift 136 and a Renegade XP in that stuff, the other 2 riders agreed, then again I had to pump my float up to 90psi in the center position to keep it from bottoming. The only thing I DON'T like about the Phazer skid is that it transfers weight WAY too easy causing wheelies and inside ski lift with too little throttle which is great for bumps but sucks for cornering.

What kind of shocks are you running? I'm in the market for some fresh suspenders. I have ohlins in the front and I need something that can perform in the rear. Do you have a link to your choice of rear shocks...
Thanks

I think the stock rear suspension, once set up correctly, can be INCREDIBLY capable and stone reliable (no broken parts or issues whatsoever)

I have three seasons on my current set up and absolutely love it. Other than having the shocks rebuilt every season, I'm smitten.....

Set up is the key, and that includes breaking components.....

I like my M10 in mine. It spun horribly with the stock track but with the Freeride it's great. It might be old, but it's easy to fix, highly adjustable and still works great. It is a little harder to get it in and out of the sled than the stock one. 12 bolts to remove and the mounts are difficult to get into the tunnel with all the rivets. I don't have a much money into it since it came in a sled I bought a few years back but I'm happy with it. Now I need to get some Fox Floats for the front and i'll be set.

yam177 said:
I put an IQ skid in the rear of my phazer.

I do have a set of custom axis rear shocks I would sell for a phazer though

Sent you a PM

twice... dont know if it actually sent tho.

Got it replied :)

Cannondale these were done by axis.

BTW Mike Hallock from AXIS left 3-4 years ago so yours probably were not Mikes anyways.

As for Exit I like Mike but have my opinion on those. I had a set that I raced in my nytro for one season

Back