• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

And it starts... Guy at work says his 800 doo will beat sidewinder

don't see the doo beating the sw either .i have and build some of the fastest doos here in the east .i'll have a l tx le myself and a new 850 to go with my 15 and 16 800 xrs doos .i'll put them to the test .i raced yamahs back in the v max days with factory backing and still have a 95 800 .can't wait for the sw to get here to add my rear wheel kit ,gearing ,dupont slides and a ecu update .all my buddies are now saying ," back to yamaha "" i really never stopped wanting more .i do have a 15 yamaha/riva fzs pwc that goes 85 ,so this year i got a 300 hp sea doo to see if it can hang with the yamaha .tell those doo guys to put up some $$$ ,it usually shuts them up .don't think the sw will hang with the 850 doo on the tight trails though .:)

Yup I love the DOOSERS! They talk trash the 4 hr ride to the snow and then we unload never hear another word the whole weekend! And by Sunday they are fighting over who is going to ride the viper!

And for you guys on here stating that once the boost kicks in try riding one of these there is NO waiting!!!!

Not trash talking you but how does anyone really know? You have rode one? Lots of speculation based on what the advertisements and promotional videos have claimed about the sled and I would expect that. Promotion sells! I expect a good powerful sled but reality is the true results of the production sled are 6 months or so away! Till then its all just bench racing and chest beating!

Boy there are gonna be a lot of Apex on the market this fall.. I can't wait for my winder!!!
c7a75c2c1841126ec0b01b7a09d23e1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for me as I think picking up a 2015 Apex XTX that I can modify or ride and mod my 2011 might be in the cards. I'm not quite sold on the singleshot yet.

Good for me as I think picking up a 2015 Apex XTX that I can modify or ride and mod my 2011 might be in the cards. I'm not quite sold on the singleshot yet.
Mines in the classifieds ON THE MONEY!!

don't see the doo beating the sw either .i have and build some of the fastest doos here in the east .i'll have a l tx le myself and a new 850 to go with my 15 and 16 800 xrs doos .i'll put them to the test .i raced yamahs back in the v max days with factory backing and still have a 95 800 .can't wait for the sw to get here to add my rear wheel kit ,gearing ,dupont slides and a ecu update .all my buddies are now saying ," back to yamaha "" i really never stopped wanting more .i do have a 15 yamaha/riva fzs pwc that goes 85 ,so this year i got a 300 hp sea doo to see if it can hang with the yamaha .tell those doo guys to put up some $$$ ,it usually shuts them up .don't think the sw will hang with the 850 doo on the tight trails though .:)

Interesting will be the Cat twin turbo lining up with the the new T-Cat/Winder! The Cat boys are already waiting to line up!

Interesting will be the Cat twin turbo lining up with the the new T-Cat/Winder! The Cat boys are already waiting to line up!
There is already an article and video of the Twin Cat and T-Cat posted on here. T-Cat leads bottom to top.

I believe it but I was referring to next wither and production sleds.
I hear ya. Just wanted to let you know in case you didn't see it. I can't remember the name of the thread or I would've posted the link. I'm sure someone else here will find it. I think the guy they had riding it was a factory backed race (drag sled maybe) guy.

Last edited:
I have been sledding and racing since the 60's...yup Old as Dirt!
From experience...the early release sleds have always been faster/quicker then the actual production sleds. I would
not bet a nickel on how this Sidewinder will perform in stock form until we actually see the production sleds on the snow!
JM.02c

Ik it dyno at 204 but anything over 180 is a bonus and ill be happy with as long as it's getting that.

My old 2010 Apex has beaten every doo 800 we have lined up against.... no stock do do should stand a chance!

My 2013 apex is on the block for a 2017 winder... Sorry 1 in the hand is 2 in the bush!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your buddy- like the ski doo guys I ride with- is out of his mind.

Top speed is simply power vs the aerodynamic drag. And power required increases with the cube of speed (this is why it takes a lot to go a little faster). Assuming roughly equal aerodynamics, clutching and drivetrain loss & friction there is absolutely no way an 850 beats the 200hp Sidewinder on the top end.

The holeshot and acceleration thereafter is a different story- where power (torque), weight and traction play the largest role. And the role naturally decreases as the sled speed increases.
As the sleds increase speed, the net force and therefore acceleration is decreasing as they are approaching a constant velocity (top speed). So the impact due to weight is negligible. As is traction.

This is why the heavier Apex is typically behind the 800 doos after a few hundred feet. It has more mass and simply requires more force to get accelerating. After that, as the sled acceleration is decreasing, the Apex's superior high rpm power curve (area under the curve) takes over and it's bye bye.

So the Sidewinder with its constant pressure turbo power curve, a little less weight than Apex and better traction will embarrass any 2s ski doo from start to finish. And across the lake. Case closed.

Really a better measure of engine performance is a rolling start- where traction and to some extent weight is removed from the equation. This is exactly how and why the now retired Chris Reid said they evaluated the new Sidewinder against the other models.

Standing start 1/4 mile and especially 1/8 mile are really silly, too short races.

Dont worry about the yellow junk boxes, destroy them.
:die

Last edited:
I hate to throw this out there but the OP never mentioned how long the race was nor what kind of race it would be did he?

At this point it's all speculation and key board racing.........only time will tell......as much as I want to be the fastest I'll have to wait for snow

Im sure the SW's and 850 doo's will be getting together like two magnets.....Im sure you'll see racing everywhere! The doo will be quick off the line but the SW will reel him in... very important as to who hooks up ! The early reports from the manufactures shoot-out should help tell also.

Back