• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another front end out of whack?sub frame?spindles?a-arms?

Ah yes, how could I forget the road with no snow/overheat. Good thing that's over eh. That being the overheat issue, well hopefully. :Rockon:

Got Apex RTX? said:
Ah yes, how could I forget the road with no snow/overheat. Good thing that's over eh. That being the overheat issue, well hopefully. :Rockon:

I sure hope so!!! ;)!

skyboz said:
Mikey said:
I wonder how many of the guys that have bent something are running big aggressive carbides? Or Fox Floats with 50 lbs or less air in them? Makes perfect sense when you guys speak of rider setup....

I'm running 45# with no issues! I would think a softer set-up (not too soft) would absorb or even soften the blow!!!

Isnt it the BOTTOMING that kills the front end? low PSI = MORE BOTTOMING!

If it makes anyone feel better, a buch of Phazer FX owners are having the same problem, myself included.

I noticed my passenger ski was further back one afternoon. After dismantling, I noticed some of the A-Arm mounts on the Tube Chassis were 'wowed' out. I bought a new tube chassis ($500) and fabricated my own stiffening kit to eliminate this...
The ski still sits back a small bit and the spindle is at a different angle so the next step is either replacing or trueing up the lower A-Arm.
Not sure if this is the same with the FX Nytro, but I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring...

I like the theory of bottoming out tried to run 55 and way to soft for me . 65 seams to be good for REALLY HARD riding I only weigh 200 dressed and never ride groomed trails. All snow packed hare with big hills and sharp bumps. The only way to set at 45 and not bottom would have to be on a road. As for the rear had to add hudge spring to try to stop from bottoming that is the center shock. How do you cross counrty racers find the suspention? I bet they do not find it too stiff!!! I have not seen post from any racers on here sure would like to see what they say.

Today I was going to change the ski bolt bushings to widen the ski stance. When I noticed the spindles looked different, took some measurements and have a differance of one and a quarter of a inch. Hard to believe, the sled hasn't been riden hard or hit anything. Can someone take a few minutes and take some measurements so I can compare to mine. I had 3 1/8 on one side 4 3/8 on the other. A arms look even to me but something is out of whack.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    328.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    376.1 KB · Views: 111
I've been putting this thing through some decent stuff so far. Some good sized bumps, a few jumps, high speed chop, etc. and I've yet to bottom it out!! I'll keep you guys posted as the trails get rougher, but so far so good!!!

GT44 said:
Unchained. I had the same problem last night. I had my sled up to move the rubbers under the spindles and when I put it down I noticed that the left side spring is closes to the A-arm than the right side, and the spindle is more vertical than the right side. Like you I have not hot anything significant, other than some jumps, which better not be an issue. I never had time to measure but it looks like the left side ski is very slightly back from the right side, less than a inch. Any one else experience this? I am confused????
Im down hard right now with the flu or a sinus infection and havnt been back in the barn yet but have you found anything out yet and determined if you do have something tweaked or if its just an illusion?

ktm010 said:
Today I was going to change the ski bolt bushings to widen the ski stance. When I noticed the spindles looked different, took some measurements and have a differance of one and a quarter of a inch. Hard to believe, the sled hasn't been riden hard or hit anything. Can someone take a few minutes and take some measurements so I can compare to mine. I had 3 1/8 on one side 4 3/8 on the other. A arms look even to me but something is out of whack.

ity's hard to tell from the pictures because the second one doesn't show as low as the first but are you sure you are marking from the same spot on each?? that seems like a HUGE amount o be out....

My spindles look the same as ktm010 and the shock on the left side is closer to the A arm than the right, just enough to notice, 1/4 inch max. Got the tape out today and the left ski is 1/2-3/4 inch back from the right, measuring from the spindle to the bumper. I put 250km on it the past 24 hours and nothing is moving. It is just a little out of shape and I have no idea why. It's going to dealer next week for a oil change and I will see what they have to say then. It may have been like this when I bought it, I never noticed till people were posting on the site about their problems.

Just to add I have yet to bottom out the front.

ktm010 said:

Here is mine started another thread going to file a complaint with yamaha canada tomorrow

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=52618

Same procedure as you. One of my spindles measures out at 4 1/2" the other at 2 7/8" you can see the shock also off to one side.

Marks Nytro my bro in law his is also out 3/8 - 1/2" the arms are pushed back.

Yeah this is no good. All of this talk has made me super concerned about all this. I just went out and checked mine and it looks as though it is out of whack too. I only have about 280 km on it and have def. not hit anything. What the hell is going on? I guess mine could have been out of whack right from the get go... never really checked it out.

Where should I start?? After reading these posts I stepped out for a look. My RH shock spring is much closer to the arm towards the back. Left side appears to still be centered. Also noticed a lot of slop in the entire front end . 1300 miles! Why ?????????? FX Nytro- non RTX

Attachments

• 08 Nytro 004.jpg
    08 Nytro 004.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 08 Nytro 001.jpg
    08 Nytro 001.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 104
LOL I love it before it was inexperienced riders and it definitely couldn't be a design flaw and now everyone is coming out of the woodworks. I just had to get that off my chest but that being said I hope you all call Yamaha or let your dealers do the talking because I for one would like this fixed.

Back