• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another track question

Charliethebum

Country
USA
Snowmobile
06 apex mtx
Hey guys total noob here. I just swapped out my track on my 06 mtx for the arctic cat 162x15 2.25 on 3" pitch, and when I went to put the suspension back in it's about an inch off the bolt holes. I tried sliding my slack adjusters all the way forward but still no dice. Is there a trick to getting it back together or am I screwed? First time ever wrenching on one of these.

ouch. last time i hit that i had to put on smaller drivers to get the track to fit as it was a new track. even with the smaller drivers i had trouble getting the skid in.

you could try putting the skid in without the rear wheels and install them after.

ouch. last time i hit that i had to put on smaller drivers to get the track to fit as it was a new track. even with the smaller drivers i had trouble getting the skid in.

you could try putting the skid in without the rear wheels and install them after.
Yeah I ended up actually getting the front bolts in by compressing the springs with a ratchet strap and fabbing up some brackets out of some old brake pads for the back lol we'll see
20191126_201819.jpg

well at least you got it in there.

A trick going forward is the take the tension of the torsion springs. That will allow you to have free movement of the back axle. When I owned a nytro MTX I had the track off every year because I had 2 different tracks I used depending on conditions so I got really good a swapping tracks really quick.

A trick going forward is the take the tension of the torsion springs. That will allow you to have free movement of the back axle. When I owned a nytro MTX I had the track off every year because I had 2 different tracks I used depending on conditions so I got really good a swapping tracks really quick.
Right on thank you

On suspensions with rear torsion, I hang the rear of the sled by the bumper to a chainfall (or a ratchet strap would work also.)
I then put a floor jack under the rear suspension so that when the torsion springs are released they can hang down without hitting the floor. With the torsion springs released as others here suggested, you can easily maneuver that rear axle to line up. Once the bolts are in then re-install the torsion springs to the rails.
I would recommend putting the brake pads off, and putting in proper hole, but I like your creativity. ;)

On suspensions with rear torsion, I hang the rear of the sled by the bumper to a chainfall (or a ratchet strap would work also.)
I then put a floor jack under the rear suspension so that when the torsion springs are released they can hang down without hitting the floor. With the torsion springs released as others here suggested, you can easily maneuver that rear axle to line up. Once the bolts are in then re-install the torsion springs to the rails.
I would recommend putting the brake pads off, and putting in proper hole, but I like your creativity. ;)
I'll give it a try thanks! Floor jack under the track/ skid?

Or if you can hang the sled from the rafters or something so you can lift the sled instead of dropping the suspension.If you have a chain hoist or something like it you can fine tune the lift to get your bolts back in.just slightly lower until it all lines up. I always undo the back springs so there is no tension on them and the skid goes flat easier to remove and install.

Back