• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any 120 owners going to the 150 for '06?

xcsp

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Anyone going to make the switch to the 150 fuel injected Yamahas from the 120's?

I was ready for a Vector, but now thinking about the 150, not that I need the big horsepower, but I like the idea of efi, and plan to keep the sled for several years. Also like the idea of some storage on the sled, as I understand the Apex has some in the seat.

I was hoping to hear of efi coming to the 120 sleds, but doesn't seem to be anytime soon.

I decided to wait another model year or 2 and see what else comes down the pike from Yamaha. The Yami guys were talking about a factory turbo sled at the Albany NY 06 introduction show last month, 170 - 180 hp.... 130 mph were thrown around. Imagine the upgrade potential... turn up the boost, larger intercooler, the fuel system would obviously be of larger capacity right out of the box. Yummy! I hope it happens.

For now I'll tinker with my 05 Rage.... I hate carbs, maybe convert to EFI? :4STroke:

I'll wait

I'll wait. EFI would be nice on my Vector, as well as at least SOME STORAGE, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. The big changes for '06 are just making us forget about the equally as big changes that we saw with the '05's. What's going to happen when the '07's appear 11 months from now?

Maybe if I was that interested in the new seating position I'd feel differently.

Re: I'll wait

twomorestrokes said:
Maybe if I was that interested in the new seating position I'd feel differently.
Or if you rode one of the new ones. Worst thing I ever did was go on that test ride. Now I just have to have one.
8)

SledderSteve said:
Or if you rode one of the new ones. Worst thing I ever did was go on that test ride. Now I just have to have one.
8)

Quite possibly true. I'd better stay off of them then. My wife would string me up. :?

I'll definately be keeping my 05 Vector for at least another season....maybe two. Hell, its still brand new, rides awesome (after some suspension adjustments), handles great, and has pleanty of power for most riding conditions.

I'm still a happy camper! But when I am ready for a newer one....I'll definately be making the jump to at least a 150 FI.

If I knew I couldn't turbo the sled within the first year, I would get the 150. I knew I could do the turbo right away so I went with the Vector because it was cheaper and the turbo kit was cheaper and I still end up with 200 hp.

not a current 120 owner, but I was seriously thinking about getting an 06 vector gt. I went to the 06 show last night in chicago and have now decided that I will wait for a deltabox II chassis. Sitting on an 150 (apex gt) it seems like an excellent compromise of rider forward and seated.

guess I'll keep my vipers and hope that an '07 3 cyl EFI deltabox II sled comes out. I don't "need" 150 hp or wnat to spend the $. If it doesn't, I may buy a used or left over 06 APEX GT.

Yeah i was gonna jump right into an Apex GT myself but with what Yamaha did this year I too am going to wait another year to see what comes out in 07. I'll probably not even trade my vector in but rather keep it as my backup sled. Overall I am happy with the 120 genesis.

twomorestrokes said:
SledderSteve said:
8)

Quite possibly true. I'd better stay off of them then. My wife would string me up. :?

They were 60 miles from my house and I passed up the opportunity for both reasons ;)

I just got out of an RX-1. Just too heavy on the front (at least for me). The Vector has been pretty nice especially with SLP skis. Huge difference.
I bought a new Rev but I'll keep the Vector for when I feel really cheap! The thought of buying expensive oil for a 2 stroke just kills me.

I am like my buddy Steve, rode one now I gotta have one. Such a huge advancement and I am not worried in the slightest about it being a new 1st year model. MrSed has an 06 right now for 2 weeks. Runs like a clock, best sled he has ridden by far.
My vector is a great sled though to be sure.
If for 06 they were just putting FI on the RX-1 I'd be keeping her.

next sled i get is gonna be the biggest that yamaha makes...unless its just massive...then talk to nospro and throw a bottle on it. i like bein the first one across the lake...or maybe if i get really rich throw a turbo on there, but for now my rage will do just fine-jumps really nice

Back