• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any simmons RX1 kits have cracking header?

I think around 600-800 on boost 1200 total miles on sled.. I guess we can call it Trail riding... Seems like I'm always either drag racing buddies or radar runs though.. :flag:

We've got about 6000 trail miles on a Simons kit, header lasted the first year and a half (~2500 miles) then I've had to weld it once or twice a season since. For the power, its worth it.

Yeah I just find it odd that they would crack, would a support help the issue, is it too much heat, we dont know? Seems like a lot of pros build these things and no one can keep it from cracking. I guess that is why OEM's go cast iron.

Ive got 2000 miles on my Apex and there are no cracks so far. All trail miles. My RX-1 cracked once and was repaired, pretty sure the guy who bought that sled also cracked it a few times. It is a major pain in the rear taking that header off to fix.

I treated both sleds exactly the same. Let it warm up good before taking off and let if cool down good before shutting the sled off. I have been more carefull on the trails when I see big bumps with the Apex, but that kind of sucks. Cracking a header is always on your mind with a front mount.

All the more reason Id like to see one of these aftermarketers build a cast header or come up with some sort of support system.

cracked header

Ive got cracks around every exhaust port and one that runs 3/4 of the way around one of the upright tubes. this thing has been pounded 2500 miles and has been broken for about 2 seasons now. i am going to try to weld braces on a new one. unless someone comes up with one that makes same power and doesnt break.

Help is on the way!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm in the prosess of gathering pieces to build 10 or so of them but I'm going to add aliitle quality and improve the scavanging characteristics a bit. I don't like the way they blend cylinders 2 and 3 together. There is enough room to run 4 individual tubes into a collector like I build race headers. The question is what are you guys willing to pay for. Sometimes I read all the complaints about this guys header and that guys header and have to ask if you all realize the EXTREEMLY harsh environment these things have to live in, to say nothing of the punishment of poor tuning, poor shielding and etc. We can build them out of 304 stainless like everyone else is doing which is bare bones stainless, or we can build them out of 316 or 321 like I build my race headers. The issue here is COST, 321 is double 304, the labor is the same. What are all of you willing to pay for???????
I'm not going to give you the big BS story of how we spent 6 months designing it and etc, but they will be dyno tested before one leaves the door, I know we can do better than what you guys are using. If any of you are interested PM or e-mail or call me. Would like to see these out for this season if your at all interested.

Back