• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anybody had their subframe warranted?

MotoPsycho

Lifetime Member
Has anyone had their dealer stand behind the '08 subframe?

Mine said Yamaha knew there was an issue, therefore redesigned the '09's, but they would not warranty the '08's.

My question is; has anyone's dealer helped them out, and if so, would you share names, #'s etc?

Thanks,

Moto

UPDATE:

Yamaha will pay for these, as long as there is not evidence of abuse, and your dealer is willing to put forth the effort to call them. If you have a problem, please see your dealer immediately!!!

MotoPsycho said:
UPDATE:

Yamaha will pay for these, as long as there is not evidence of abuse, and your dealer is willing to put forth the effort to call them. If you have a problem, please see your dealer immediately!!!

Yamaha will NOT pay for this. It is not a defect. The frame only bends when you hit something like a rock or stump. It will not bend under normal riding conditions. The frame was updated late last season to make it more durable and the '09s got the updated part. The old frame is no longer available and supercedes to the new part.
On the other hand, Yamaha has a 90 code out to replace loose front lower ball joints on '08 Nytro and '07-'08 Phazers. So if you have any play in the ball joints, get into your dealer and get them replaced.

rideblue said:
MotoPsycho said:
UPDATE:

Yamaha will NOT pay for this. It is not a defect. The frame only bends when you hit something like a rock or stump. It will not bend under normal riding conditions. The frame was updated late last season to make it more durable and the '09s got the updated part. The old frame is no longer available and supercedes to the new part.
On the other hand, Yamaha has a 90 code out to replace loose front lower ball joints on '08 Nytro and '07-'08 Phazers. So if you have any play in the ball joints, get into your dealer and get them replaced.

Sorry, but you are either incorrect, or someone is feeding you BS. I just had mine to the dealer on Wednesday....NEW 09 Subframe, and NEW 09 Balljoints, ALL UNDER YAMAHA WARRANTY. Hit nothing but drifts and bumps, not a mark on my sled to suggest otherwise, and that is 110% the honest truth !

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
rideblue said:
MotoPsycho said:
UPDATE:

Sorry, but you are either incorrect, or someone is feeding you BS. I just had mine to the dealer on Wednesday....NEW 09 Subframe, and NEW 09 Balljoints, ALL UNDER YAMAHA WARRANTY. Hit nothing but drifts and bumps, not a mark on my sled to suggest otherwise, and that is 110% the honest truth !

This is absolutley correct. It was a small engineering defect, and if a dealer TRUELY makes the call to Yammi USA (or Yammi Canada as I am now told), they will take care of the customer. As I said before, if you pile it into a tree... it's on you. If it was from trail riding moguls, light scuffs with hard objects, or you didn't even know it was bent, they will help you. The burdon is on the dealer - if they give a crap about you, it will happen... if not, well, sorry!

I went through 3 dealers before one actually made the call to Yammi. They said they did, but they did not. Yammi logs all dealer calls based on VIN # of sleds; if there is a call, there is a record of it. The third dealer made the call, and Yammi had never had another call concerning my VIN.

Apparently, there are several field rep's out telling dealers that they will not warranty this part - it's bunk! They will; based on dealer input.

I have spent the last 3 days with several Yammi test, product development, and race tech's. The 08 subframe was a known problem early on, and that is why it was updated for 09. The pre-production teams identified the problem before the 08's were released, but Yammi decided to produce it anyway, as there was not enough time to "re-engineer" before the release date. There was however enough time to re-engineer before the 09's arrived.

They know it is a problem, but are apprehensive to admit it. Find a good dealer, and get it fixed!

P.S. You should see the 09 X-Games snowcross Nytro - It freakin ROCKS!!! I got to meet an engineer straight out of Japan that is working on the fuel mapping for it - he no speak-a the english purty good, but he could build rockets for NASA!!! You can get smarter just standing next to him!

Back