• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anybody install an Apex seat??

Mighty

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
22 Mach Z
23 Sidewinder SRX
Can it be done and if so were there any drawbacks?
I really like the Rage I just bought but would like to set up just a little higher...........

I did it and some others also, its nice to sit higher, you have to cut your tank cover for the new seat, do a search and there is some post with photos

Its actually pretty easy..... hardest part is trimming the tank cover..... pm me if you want some specifics and pics.

here is a photo

Attachments

• sled9.jpg
    sled9.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 91
I but the Nitro seat on mine and love it. The tank cover can be trimmed easy with a razor blade. I cut a small black hose for the trim around the cover.

I used the Apex seat on mine too Dan. If you get a mountain seat the harness will not be inside as the tailight is on the tunnel on the mountain sleds. I didn't know that until after I purchased. I split 2 wires from a trailer harness and fished it through with a coat hanger with a loop on the end but you could also tape it to the tunnel. You have to trim 3 1/4- 3 1/2" off the shroud. I agree with Storm that you should raise the bar at the same time to get the full effect. There is a good thread in the modifications section also from when 4Fighter did his RX1. I still have the crescent that I cut off the shroud if it will help...

Storm, nice photo. Your sled looks great! ;)!

Attachments

• Apex seat.jpg
    Apex seat.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 81
It is a great mod... heres pics of karen's vytro....

Attachments

• vytro 001.jpg
    vytro 001.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 75
  • vytro 003.jpg
    vytro 003.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 64
  • vytro 004.jpg
    vytro 004.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 58

Back