• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone break a Mt Tamer??? I did....

Like it says, has anyone else had troubles with thier shock mounts breaking then ripping the rear shock in half????? I didnt even hit the bump any harder than 3 nytos in front of me hit and the foot of air i got when it landed the rear way over extended and picked the sled way up in the air and I was just lucky to get it stopped with out rolling over... Heres picks of what happened, dual front straps are definately getting ordered......... Do i have to get the bottom shock mounts from timbersled? anyone think a shock shop can just replace the piece inside the rear shock where the threads pulled out, bottom is still fine? heres some pics of the mess.

Can u say lowrider?
0129111237.jpg

Extremely extended suspention
0129111224a.jpg

Rear shock pulled apart....
0129111223.jpg

Front shock lower mount snapped............ :o|
0129111224.jpg

sent u a PM back, just looked at timbersleds web site, aparently I have a pre 2010 setup... they have an update kit with bigger shock mount bars in the bottom and duel straps...... :o| wish i woulda seen that a week ago lol

Id really like to know if a shock shop somewhere could fix the rear shock or what, cause were getting snow and it looks like everything else I need is pretty much the whole update kit lol

Joe

well $160 later I got my update kit from timbersled, kinda hoped he would cut a little deal since he said nothings ever happened like this before and I sent pics of everything and explained what happened... The new lower shock mounts are deffinately beefed up, better pics when or if I get my shock back and get it back together, sucks when the best riding weve had allll year just happens to be when my sleds down :o|

Joe

0210111445.jpg

Shock is still waiting for Fox's opinion on wheather it can be fixed or not... So its been sitting at a race shop going on 3 weeks now.......... E-mailed timbersled and it looks like its a $350 shock new if it cant me fixed, I just wanna ride!!! :o|

Joe

I have the updated cross shafts on my timbersled skid, they bend easily, then break too, I also keep breaking the welds on the top shock mount as well... (3 times now.. never a shock though) Haven't been able to figured out why yet, running 150lbs in the rear shock. I know that low rider feeling! 50km back to the truck like that sucks!

B.

glad to hear that im not the lone one like jason at timbersled told me... They never heard of any issues like this lol funny they made an update kit. Oh well its still a great suspention but it costed be half a years riding and now itll sit all summer since the shock will cost more to repair at a shop then buy a new one. But I think it looks like I can fix the buggered threads myself and find someone to fill it up with oil and run it...

Well I've got over 2500 miles on mine so far and not one problem. It is the best mod i have on my phazer. Sorry about all your bad luck.

Im ranting a little too much maybe... I still would suggest this suspention to people, but id call and talk right to them when u buy it and ask if they will offer any type of a waranty. i feel most of my problem came from the single strap breaking and then the smaller shock mounts breaking. the new kits come with dual straps and larger shock mounts. Im gonna take my shock to a very extremely talented machinist I know to try n fix the threads on my shock for next year but I may have to bite the $350 bullet and get a new one...

Joe

Back