• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone For Big Moose lake Feb 21st???

Yup, anti-freeze and crank main bearings don't play well together...

Yup getting the oil tomorrow!! Also ordered the added rear cooler from ulmer today. Tough lesson, but man I am getting good at tearing this sleds down and putting them back together.

Allen Ulmer said I should start installs for guys to help pay for my Habit of breaking stuff.

Hey i'll throw in a hand if you have beer! I'm already getting the itch to drive back to OF.

I should probably consider installing a rear exchanger, as well, at the same time I am installing my 136" conversion.

Kinda like this?

470186792_qmkVC-L.jpg

Andy,

That doesn't lool like the single square exchanger I saw before? You have way more surface area... What is that?

That's a custom one Aaron Excell made for my RX1. I had the small rectangular one from Yamaha, and still had temp. issues on low snow/high ambient temp. days. All better now - even last weekend at
40 degrees, low snow, low speeds never above 190 - under normal conditions - more like 160-170. This things works!

Nice!
Looks like sections of floor board exchangers...

No trouble with studs hitting like the one big one?

no - 144 extension, with 136 skid - plenty of room for good size cooler, and plenty of clearance.

470186619_ZQdvA-L.jpg

I'll make ya a deal on the cooler - it comes complete with a sled - 05 RX1 MPI SC - good to go :flag:

Andy, that is how I got my ATV, I bought a $7k hat and they threw in the quad!

The wife is asking to go riding in OF next week, I hope it cools down and sets back up enough. The webcam from Big Moose Inn doesn't look too good...

Morey you going up on feb 21? Got my new arp studs and gaskets today, waiting on a few other odds and ends, Also remembered I had cheap coolant in the sled, so this time around I am putting good quality everything back into her. Looking to find C or Q-16 so I can make sure all is well on high boost again. Might have to take a drive to Delaware and pick up at the distributor!!

Also allen shipped my cooler, thank you to him!! I should be all set for next weekend!!!

AJ,

Not sure what Big Moose Yamaha carries for grades of VP, could try calling them.

Looks like we are going back up mid next week if the trails are good, if not we will wait a few days and will be there for the weekend. Suppose to meet back up with Smoke You Joe.

Be very careful putting those ARP studs in, have a good torque wrench and follow the instructions to the T. A broken block will ruin your season...

Back