• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone go back to running a 2 stroke?

I love my Apex. Coming from an 01 mxz 800. No oil, no high idling, 50% better fuel mileage, very comfortable ride position, 150hp and still the orignal belt, smooth starting and running, nice to never open the hood for the season. I am not brand loyal but I will probably never buy a 2 stroke again, unless I got into off trail riding, but where I sled the "off trails" never get deep enough snow to get stuck so I don't really have to worry about that.

Don't get me wrong...I love the new REV and I really enjoyed the 2 I had. BUT.....Doo has a terrible track record with new machines and their motors are crap.....they just don't last (for me anyways) . Now yes, I have heard some guys tell me that they have 10,000 miles on thier REV's but that would NEVER happen for me....not the way I ride em.

So I'll stick with my trusty 4-stroke until they invent a way to make a 4-stroke as light as a 2-stroke.

Check my tag line.....

Never, ever, ever, ever have a 2 smoke again for anything but my chainsaw and weed-wacker. I don't care what anyone says, they stink. Unless you go to the big bores, you don't get the pull. And with those (and even the small ones) you get shake, rattle , and roll when idling. How many times have you set your gloves or helmet on the seat, and 2 seconds later they are in the snow. Doesn't happen with the 4 stroke.

For certain riding styles, the 2 smokes have an advantage, but the Nytro has all but closed that gap. Like they said in the Maxsled article, "There are two sleds in the 2008 line-up that cornered better than anything I’ve seen yet. These included the new FX Nytro and the all new Ski-Doo Rev-XP. For some reason I found myself to keep coming back to these two models. If I had to rank these sleds for which one cornered better, the Rev-XP did have a small edge on the FX Nytro. On the other hand I liked the performance of the FX Nytro motor better. This new 130 horse fuel injected motor along with its big brother, the 150 hp fuel injected motor, is the best in the business for smoothness, power, throttle response, and reliability. Once you’ve experienced this four stroke power it is hard to go back to a two stroke with your trail performance machines." This sums up my feeling exactly. I can't see how anyone who has experienced it could go back. The smell and everything else are secondary factors to this.

Everyone should buy what they like, and shouldn't have to explain or justify it to others. I do mostly trail, lake, and river riding in northern Minnesota, and there is no comparison to other sleds I have owned. That is why I would never go back. Everytime I ride it I feel like :-o . :4STroke: :yam:

Back